Age of Wushu Legends of Mount Hua Expansion Goes Live
The first North American expansion for Age of Wushu deployed to servers today to bring new content to the Wuxia-themed world. Just a few things available today include the 18-player Yanmen Pass instance, the Youyun Sixteen Prefectures Battle Arena, the Jianghu Gratitude & Revenge Systems, Jianghu Faction, and much more.
You can learn more about the expansion on the Age of Wushu website and through the new video below.
DonÂt dive into the new content unprepared. Be sure to arm yourself with our Age of Wushu Expansion Pack Giveaway.
FIRST EXPANSION FOR POPULAR MARTIAL ARTS MMORPG AGE OF WUSHU NOW AVAILABLE -- LEGENDS OF MOUNT HUA
Snail Games' Add-On Includes New Story, Combat Features and 80-Player Battle CompetitionÂ
LOS ANGELES - August 8, 2013 - Legends of Mount Hua, the first North American expansion for Snail Games' popular martial arts massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), Age of Wushu, is now available for free download. Bringing eight new features to the martial arts sandbox, the Legends of Mount Hua expansion introduces an original story and instance, an 80-player battle arena and a player vs. player (PvP) competition.
"Age of Wushu has captured the enthusiasm and dedication of martial arts fans worldwide through its fast action combat and expansive exploration," said Shi Hai, Founder and Chairman, Snail Games. "Legends of Mount HuaÂ takes the game to the next level with a new storyline and journey coupled with a huge battle arena. We expect the game's audience to grow substantially with additional content."
Released earlier this year, Age of Wushu places players in the roles of ancient martial artists as they journey and fight for glory against in-game foes. The Legends of Mount HuaÂ expansion adds even more immersive qualities to Age of Wushu's WuxiaÂ universe by bringing in new story events, combat features and a special competition. In addition, the expansion includes a new large-scale battleground, titled Youyun Sixteen Prefectures Battle Arena, where players can test their combat skills alongside more than 80 other players.
Age of Wushu: Legends of Mount Hua includes:
- Mount Hua Competition - Top players of the server fight for legendary titles, costumes and the famed Heavenly Sword.
- Yanmen Pass - Re-enact history with this new 18-man instance: 3 storylines, each with different gameplay and escalating difficulty.
- Youyun Sixteen Prefectures Battle Arena - Fight for conquest in this 40 vs 40 PvP battleground filled with supporting tasks and multiple ways to victory.Â
- Martial Brothers System - Bridging the gap between old and new players, low levels can quickly power up and enjoy discounts on learning skills by mentoring under a veteran player.
- Jianghu Factions System - Players spread fame amongst major Jianghu factions / NPCs to earn titles, costumes, missions, items and more.
- Jianghu Heroic Playstyle & Treasure System - Players fill the Heroic Bar and challenge Jianghu Heroes to earn unique treasures with stat bonuses.
- Jianghu Gratitude & Revenge System - Players earn reputation with certain NPCs for companionship in forbidden instances and the over-world (gratitude) or install lethal distraction upon enemies.
As previously announced, Snail Games also plans to evolve the franchise into a feature film, a console game and mobile game.
AgeÂ ofÂ Wushuand the Legends of Mount Hua expansion are now available as free-to-play digital downloads on PC systems at http://www.ageofwushu.com/promotion/ob/a7. Age of Wushu is also available as a Special Retail Edition at GameStop locations for $19.99, including a single-player experience featuring the voice and likeness of martial arts legend and action film star Jet Li, plus in-game bonus items.
About Age of Wushu
Endorsed by martial artist legend and wushu champion Jet-Li, Age of Wushu is the world's first true Wuxia themed MMORPG, with cutting edge graphics and innovative gameplay. Players must journey to master the ancient Chinese artÂ ofÂ Wushu, delving into their character's unique story and facing the consequencesÂ ofÂ every action without the crutchÂ ofÂ MMO staples like levels and classes. From a teamÂ ofÂ 300 developers and over five years in the making,Â AgeÂ ofÂ WushuÂ is currently available as a free-to-play title on PC systems via digital download. A box retail version is also available at GameStop for $19.99. For more information about Age of Wushu, visit: http://www.ageofwushu.com.
ESRB Rating: MATURE for blood, sexual themes, strong language, use of alcohol and violence. Visit www.esrb.org for rating information.
Based in Los Angeles, Snail Games is committed to delivering the highest-quality interactive experiences to gamers worldwide. To learn more about Snail Games, please visit: http://www.snailgamesusa.com.
Snail Games China
Named as one of the "Top Game Developers Worldwide," Snail Game is a leading developer of MMO and interactive online games in China. Founded in October 2000, Snail Game's growing library of titles includes Age of Wushu, 5 Street, Age of Armor, Voyage Century, Heroes of Gaia, and the upcoming MMORPG Black Gold Online. Snail Game's wildly popular titles are currently sold and distributed worldwide. To learn more about Snail Game, please visit: http://www.snailgame.net.