Aion Patch 1.5 Highlights
As launch quickly approaches, NCsoft is working towards the smooth implementation of the Aion update 1.5 that will put the North American and European version of the game up-to-date with the Korean version.
While it is no doubt no easy task to squeeze in nearly a year of additional live game content before a major launch, North American players are getting the benefit of well tested content and a fuller end game experience.
The 1.5 update has been added to open beta and continues to undergo optimization but for those who havent had a chance to get into beta, here is the scoop on what the finished version of the game will have available.
Atreias Inhabitants Discover New Lands
With more than a dozen original zones and instances, the game has been beefed up to give a broader end-game including a raised level cap to 50. Update 1.5 adds a couple of new large zones along with some interesting instances that take the high level players into an alternate timeline where war has ravaged the lands of Poeta.
Contested dungeons make gameplay a bit more interesting. The Dredgion allows both Asmodian and Elyos players to enter allowing for true PvPvE combat as players battle it out while progressing through the instance.
The Abyss has added fortress instances that take PvP to a whole new level. If you want to get into the fortresses to play, your faction has to have control!
For lower level players, the Nochsana Training Camp is a new zone intended to acclimate new players to the Abyss. Consider it to be boot camp for newbie PvP.
These are just a sample of what has been added. The new add more content, more quests, and more rewards rounding out the end game and tying together PvP and PvE in a very nice little package.
Balance Remains a Top Priority
Quite possibly one of the most important additions is the class changes, new skills, and greater stigma stone slots. In a game that focuses on PvP, class balance and customization is insanely important.
First in PvP, players are discouraged from hunting in the opposing factions lands making the world just a little bit safer for PvE players. These opposing faction hunters will suffer penalties for not only encroaching on the lands but will suffer them faster if they are ganking lower level players. In addition, they will be shown on the map and marked as an intruder making them fair game for the regions protectors. Kill an intruder and you will receive blessings and heroic tidings!
Classes are getting more skills and more stigma slots! Greater stigma stones have been added into game, allowing for further customization of your character. Great stigma slots have been added to receive these stones but the greater stigma slots can also be used with regular stigma stones if you havent picked up a greater stigma stone just yet.
A whole lot of new skills are being added, mostly for levels 45-50 which beta players havent experienced yet and wont until after release. Tweaks were made across the board and players will find several skill alterations for every class in game. These alterations are made in the name of balance and while you will be seeing quite a few decreases in skills (or nerfs) youll also get many increases. Click here for the full list of class skill changes.
Its Always in the Details
For the casual players, the awesome idea of Repose has given you a boost to make things just a little easier when you struggle to keep up with the bulk of the player base. Repose builds over time when you are logged out of game so that when you log in, you can enjoy a 20-30% increase in experience when killing enemies in PvE or fighting in PvP! This is a nice bonus for the weekend warriors who dont get to play as often as theyd like to but still want to be competitive in game.
As part of the localization, large amounts of smaller features have made it into game at the request of the player base. Some of the highlights include:
- More character creations options
- New channels to connect with other players
- Zoom has been added to the mini-map for player ease
- Click-to-move is still an option but no longer the default
- Invert mouse has been added as a UI option
- You may now use the left mouse button to change camera angle
So far, NCsoft has been very on the ball with player requests. Feedback is being heard and utilized in some cases, so all are invited to join the open beta and share your own feedback. To see a video preview of some of the 1.5 update features, check out Sardu's PAX video interview with NCsoft's Lani Blazier. If you havent picked up an Aion beta key yet, then you can finally get in for the low, low cost of free. For a limited time, Fileplanet is offering beta keys with registration, no purchase required. This is your chance to check out what could be the game of the year before it goes live!
Class Patch Notes - Find out if 1.5 Made Changes to Your Class!
- Iron Skin can now be used with the Templars Greatsword equipped.
- The effect range of Provoking Roar has been changed from 9m to 10m.
- The Iron Skin skill effect is put above the Attack skill effect.
- The damage reflection rate of Righteous Punishment* has been slightly increased.
- The Gladiator/Templars Siegebreaker skill has been enhanced.
- The stun times of [Ancient Stigma] Holy Punishment, Holy Punishment, and Punishment of Light* have been changed to 3 seconds, and the skill cooldown time from 1 minute to 2 minutes.
- The probability of captured by Divine Grasp has been increased.
- The defense from Seal of Protection*has been decreased in PvP.
- The defense of Empyrean Armor has been decreased in PvP.
- A problem with duplicate messages when using an emote after casting Blessed Shield has been corrected.
- A defense reduction debuff has been added to [Ancient Stigma] Piercing Wave*, Piercing Wave*, and Piercing Rupture*.
- Force Cleave has been changed to a level 2 long-range chain skill continued from Cleave.
- When blocking a physical strike with a weapon using Wall of Steel, the effect is now receiving half the damage rather than blocking all of it.
- The attack enhancement of Aions Strength has been increased in PvP.
- The defense boost of Defense Preparation* has been increased in PvP.
- Magical accuracy has been added to Aions Strength skill effect, and the attack enhancement has been increased in PvP.
- A problem with receiving additional damage when climbing the lava using the Slaughter skill has been corrected.
- Movement speed is decreased while using Sniper Stance in flight.
- A problem with using the Sandstorm Trap skill in the air has been addressed.
- If an opponent has been immobilized due to Binding Arrow or Shock Arrow* skills, the status is no longer affected by the one-time use of physical healing potion.
- Shock Arrow* has been changed to have the same effect as Shackle Arrow*.
- [Ancient Stigma] Condors Arrow and Deadly Arrow have been changed to have the same effect as [Ancient Stigma] Brightwing Arrow and Holy Arrow.
- Vaizels Arrow* and Triniels Arrow* skills have been changed to cast skills.
- The cooldown time of Stunning Shot has been reduced from 18 seconds to 12 seconds.
- The cooldown time of Rupture Arrow* has been reduced from 32 seconds to 24 seconds.
- The See-through Eye* skill book has been added.
- [Ancient Stigma] Radiant Rune, Radiant Rune, and Divine Rune have been changed from a stun to silence and decrease in attack speed.
- A problem with not being able to evade the Assassins Ambush* skill while using Focused Evasion* has been addressed.
- Clerics can now earn the Calmness skill. This skill can be acquired at levels 16/28/40 and reduces the enmity rate toward your target when used.
- Brilliant Protection*, Yustiels Splendor*, and Marchutans Splendor can now be used in a non-combat state.
- Chastise damage has been decreased, and the damage rate of Chastise II has been increased.
- The damage of Smite V skill has been slightly decreased.
- A system message displays if your Cure Mind or Purify spell is not high enough level to dispel the target.
- Healing Grace* I, II, III skills now have greater HP recovery.
- Recovery Spell*, Word of Life, Swiftwing, Shield Mantra*, and Protection Mantra* can now be used in a non-combat state.
- The damage rate, MP consumption, and cooldown time of Soul Crash skill have increased.
- The cooldown times of Stunning Strike and Soul Strike skill have increased from 10 seconds to 12 seconds.
- The skill accuracy of Binding Word and Defense Incantation has been increased.
- The cooldown time to restore the Rage Spell* skill effect has been changed from 100% to 500%.
- The cooldown time for Binding Word has been changed from 5 minutes to 45 seconds.
- A problem with being unable to use Tremor while inflicted with Silence has been corrected.
- A problem with being unable to see the Stunned effect when using Soul Strike has been addressed.
- Stone Skin now inflicts less damage in PvP combat.
- The immobilization and movement speed effects can be removed when using the Dimension Door skill.
- The range of Cold Summon* has been changed from 2m to 3m.
- The casting time rbeing able to see the effect of Ice Sheet III has been addressed.
- A problem being unable to move the character when using the Barrier of Severance* skill has been addressed.
- Curse of Water and Curse: Movement Speed* have been changed so that the effects do not decrease during the Fire Spirit state.
- Summon Energy skills can now be used while flying.
- The MP consumption rate of Fear Shriek has been slightly decreased.
- The reuse time of Summoning Alacrity has been changed to 1 minute.
- The HP and defense of the Earth Spirit that the Spiritmaster summons have been increased.
- The HP of the Tempest Spirit and the Magma Spirit summoned by the Spiritmaster has been increased.
- Spiritmasters Wing Root skill effect has been changed; flight time decreases by 20% instantly and continues to decrease by 6% every 3 seconds for 30 seconds.
- The Spiritmaster no longer receives falling damage after using the Fear skill while transformed.
- The MP required to cast Energy of Fire, Energy of Wind, Energy of Water, Energy of Earth, Dispel Magic*, and Ignite Aether have been decreased.eduction effect has been increased while using Boon of Quickness*.
- The fire resistance effect of Flame Fusion* I and II have been changed from 40/50 to 120/150.
- Winged Magic I and II passive skills have been enhanced and the Winged Magic III skill has been added.
- Curse of Weakness* I and II skills have increased their duration from 8 seconds to 1 minute, and the Curse of Weakness* II effect has been enhanced.
- The cooldown times of Lumiels Wisdom*, Zikels Curse*, and Vaizels Wisdom* have decreased from 1 minute to 30 seconds.