Got some questions about the unholy Death Knights? This is the place to find your answers! Below are the most popular questions that we know about the Death Knight class. Got a question of your own? Email us or post in our community forums.
Click here to return to the Death Knight Guide.
Table of Contents
- Runes are confusing. How do I use this rune system?
- Biggest question: When do I get my mount?
- Can I get another mount? This one is too cliché or generic or pompous or just blah.
- I did the mount quest where is my mount?
- The mount quest is impossible. I have the horse but what do I do? I click dismount and I still havent finished the quest.
- Where are my talent points?
- What is up with my racials?
- Do I have to forever use this weird voice?
- The starting area is boring. I want to leave now.
- I have three trinkets. Tell me, what trinkets should I keep?
- How do I complete this quest?
- My frost wyrm keeps dying? WTF?!
- I cant eat anything with my frost wyrm. Its broken! Buggy game
- I cant find my runeblade! Im at the thing but there is nothing there for me argh
- I got the weapon but I cant figure out what to do next.
- Bloody Breakout is hard and also someone started it but I still see a question mark what do I do?
- Ambush at the Overlook is confusing. Where is the overlook and what do I do?
- 100 enemies for Massacare at Lights Point?! I get instantly killed when I leave the boat. How do I win?
- The Gift that Keeps on Giving is difficult. Is it random? Why do ghosts keep attacking me?
General Class Questions
See this guide.
If you follow our starting area guide you will eventually come to Grand Theft Palamino which is the quest line that gives you your Summon Deathcharger.
Yeah, all normal mounts are attainable and any special mounts (like the Big Blizzard Bear) work just fine. You can get your own races mount as soon as youre out of the zone while youll need to farm faction for other races mounts (like normal).
Patch 3.0 relocated the mounts to the character sheet page. Press shift-P to pull it up.
For both parts of the quest there is an ability to turn the quest in. Its on the vehicle combat bar. You have to do it in the town, though.
Calm down. Talent points come from quests with the bulk of them coming from the later quests. You will have every talent point due to you by the time youre finished with the starting area.
Racials were changed. See this guide.
Yes. Well, not really. You can turn it off in the interface options under Death Knight Voice.
There is no option to leave. Your talent points are contained within the quests offered. Youll have to finish the area. This is a good thing since it offers a very high margin of XP and will usually get you 57 or 58 (enough to go straight to Outland if you wish) if youre patient enough.
Over the course of the quests youll get three trinkets. The two blue stat boosting ones are the ones you want to use for PvE. Youll get an insignia of the Horde/Alliance to use for PvP and will save you the time and effort to go get one on your own.
Check our starting area guide or just read the quest description. Youll notice general chat just spewing with read the quest description and thats pretty much true. Most quests dont go far out from their quest giver.
Yeah, about that. You have to avoid the arrows while firing on the things below. Youll be shredded to bits if you stand still too long. Zoom out and keep a look out for the arrows (theyre big and visible). If you get low fly down, target something, and eat it to regain mana and health. Its a good idea to always keep moving.
Its not broken, you just need to target something and be really close to it.
- Youre not a pirate. Arrrrgghhh would work if youre a pirate, but youre a Death Knight.
- Look for sparkles around other weapon racks. You might have to do a little bit of hunting to find one thats right for you.
Stand next to one of those skull looking things (Runeforge) and use it from your inventory.
The quest target for this will spawn on the ground, so as long as the NPC is up you can take the second part of the quest. Just try to survive until Valroth shows up. Its easier when there are more people around. Be sure your 10 minute rez is up. That helps a lot too.
The overlook is the spot of area going to the docks with elites chilling about in it. Just go up on the cliff somewhere and use your makeshift cover. Itll spawn the courier and you just decimate him.
Use the siege turrets on the boat. Theyll make short work of it. You can return with one of the abilities on the turret thatll destroy it and spawn a new one for the next player (thats fresh).
Youll randomly get either a ghoul or a ghost. Its an unconfirmed rumor that going into combat with a miner might give you a better chance of a ghoul.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our World of Warcraft Game Page.