Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) Producer/Director Naoki Yoshida has posted his latest Producers Letter with new details about the games upcoming 1.18 update. The letter outlines some of the crucial changes in the update such as auto-attack functionality, which Yoshida included a video of the early changes in the works.
The FFXIV stamina meter is also getting removed from the game and certain effects for stamina-related actions will be readjusted to reflect its removal. The short bullet list of changes can be found below, but check out the full Producer's Letter for all the details.
- Auto-attack functionality will be prioritized in 1.18.
- Attack motion diversification and fine-tuning are planned for 1.19.
- Battle classes only will receive auto-attack.
- The stamina gauge will be abolished with the introduction of auto-attack.
- Recast timers will be adjusted for certain actions obtained via quests and guild marks whose action costs were managed solely through the stamina gauge.
- Certain actions dependent on the stamina gauge will have their effects adjusted.
- Characters will be made able to switch between passive and active modes while moving.
- Multiple attacks during auto-attack is also being planned for the future.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Game Page.