Unless you have been hiding or under witness protection in a safehouse the last few days you have undoubtedly heard about one Mr. Colin Cowherd and his rants about showing video games, specifically Heroes of the Storm on ESPN2.
If you haven't heard this Wile. E. Coyote styled genius in action then please, watch the video below where he calls Heroes of the Storm, League of Legends.
This is a dramatic recreation of Mr. Cowherd making disparaging remarks about eSports commentators Artosis and Day.
The truth of the matter, as I see it, is that ESPN needs eSports a lot more than eSports needs ESPN. The sports juggernaut isn't going to disappear any time soon, nor should it. They provide incredible value in their sports coverage, which includes things like spelling bees and *gasp* coverage of games like Madden by none other than Mr. Cowherd.
This is obviously a publicity stunt by Mr. Cowherd. Hats off to him for that. His Howard Stern-like jibber-jabber has enraged and entertained thousands. His rantings have given eSports another stage on which to stand and another platform on which to show just how incredible a "sport" games like Heroes of the Storm really are. For that, "Thank You Mr. Cowherd".
Let's end with more humour. This parody pretty much nails it. Well played gentlemen. Well played.
Wade in. Is Cowherd just bucking for listeners, or is he truly this ignorant of gaming as an entertainment medium.
If you received even an iota of enjoyment from this then please support both myself and TenTonHammer by doing one of more of the following:
- Support us on Patreon (This is the best way to ensure that TenTonHammer continues to exist.)
- Read my previous columns
- HCTB 37: Moneyballing Heroes of the Storm
- HCTB 36: Get Fit Playing Games
- HCTB 35: Which Game Universe Has The Best Lore?
- HCTB 34: 7 Worst Heroes in Heroes of the Storm
- HCTB 33: Elder Scrolls Online Relaunches: Will You Play?
- HCTB 32: Would You D/L a 100GB Game?
- HCTB 31: Friendly Wednesday
- HCTB 30: Newbie-Tuesday: Comics, Where Do I Start?
- HCTB 29: Funday-Monday PAX Edition
- HCTB 28: Rock Band Returns
- HCTB 27: Throwback Empires
- HCTB 26: Memories and Moments
- HCTB 25: Winners and Losers – Iron Tide
- HCTB 24: First World Gamer Problems
- HCTB 23: Strongbad is Back
- HCTB 22: Free Steam Keys
- HCTB 21: Destiny Bounty Guides
- HCTB 20: Destiny Video Farming Guides
- HCTB 19: Casino Cave Closed
- HCTB 18: Why Light Is Important in Destiny
- HCTB 17: Do You Like Green Engrams?
- HCTB 16: Destiny Is A Nursery Rhyme
- HCTB 15: Is This My Destiny?
- HCTB 14: Censored
- HCTB 13: Hype and Hope
- HCTB 12: Irritated by Ice Bucket Challenge
- HCTB 11: Censored
- HCTB 10: I Got Fireflied
- HCTB 9: Gaming Junkets, Do We Need Them?
- HCTB 8: Need For Speed or Gaming Gourmand
- HCTB 7: Every Breath You Take
- HCTB 6: Dear LPBs and Twitch
- HCTB 5: Comments
- HCTB 4: If MMO Fans Were World Cup Fans
- HCTB 3: Censored
- HCTB 2: Censored
- HCTB 1: EA vs Activision
- Follow me on Twitter (@BoomjackTTH)
- Follow TenTonHammer on Twitter @TenTonHammer
- Give TenTonHammer a LIKE on Facebook
- Whitelist us if you use adblocking software
- Comment below (even a “this sucks” will do)
Thanks again. I appreciate your support.
Who’s awesome? You’re awesome!
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Heroes of the Storm Game Page.