DreamHack - One Show To Rule Them All
Welcome to this first day of December, 2014. I’m John “Boomjack” Hoskin and this is Here Comes The Boom episode #36.
I love StarCraft II. I enjoy Hearthstone. I have played League of Legends, Dota 2 and just about every other high-profile eSport title out there, but since the launch of Warlords of Draenor I’ve been compelled to spend my free time questing and playing through this fantastic expansion.
Sure, it’s more of the same; a building block placed reverently on top of what came before, but it is also the most fun I have had in World of Warcraft since Wrath of the Lich King.
Garrisons are an interesting diversion from the quest lines and dungeon runs are challenging, actually seeming to recharge your desire to keep playing. They allow the more casual player to partake in professions which in previous iterations of the game were predominantly owned by the hard-core inhabitants of Azeroth. They also provide missions, quests, followers and well, plenty more to consume your time.
The highlight of my weekend was a long discussion with a Blizzard developer that I had never had the pleasure of chatting with before. By chance, through a common friend we ended up playing some Warlords together.
For now, the aforementioned will need to remain anonymous, but their passion for the current titles that Blizzard creates and their enthusiasm for the future of not only their current titles, but of Overwatch was contagious. It was obvious that they loved the games that they were involved in.
DreamHack Winter came and went last weekend. Two Blizzard titles took main stage; Starcraft II and Hearthstone along with CS:GO and frankly the CS:GO community stole the show.
The Hearthstone tournament was a wide open affair making coverage incredible difficult. There were so many games going on at once, many of which involve players that were new to the scene. It’s mayhem, but great mayhem! If you play Hearthstone do yourself a favour and watch the next big tournament. We may even be sponsoring a qualifier..hint, hing.
New decks, new strategies and new players. It’s a great way to spend some time relaxing.
Starcraft II had a bit more civil approach of determining a winner with four groups of five players, 12 of which moved on to the bracket stage. We covered this portion of DreamHack and are even sponsored $200 in Jinx prizes for our readers who gave the fantasy pool at eSportsPools.com a try.
Enjoy and please… tell me if you think I’ve got it all wrong.
Now on to your regular schedule nonsense…
Vin Diesel Fact: Vin Diesel once threw a 75 yard touchdown pass to himself.
Real World News
You can’t make this stuff up…
- From the 100”-TVs-Don’t-Fit-In-My-Trunk-Dept. -- Black Friday Sales Down 11%
- From the Thankful-A-Bear-Will-NEVER-Attack-Him-Dept. – Man attacked with bear repellent
- From the Only-A-Flesh-Wound-Dept. – Kid bitten by shark bikes home for lunch.
If you received even an iota of enjoyment from this then please support both myself and TenTonHammer by doing one of more of the following:
- Read my previous columns
- HCTB 35: Personal Loot vs Need Before Greed
- HCTB 34: What To Do In The Queue
- HCTB 33: Who’s Overwatching The Overwatchers
- HCTB 32: Lest We Forget
- HCTB 31: It’s Duty, Not Doody
- HCTB 30: 5 Things You Won’t See at BlizzCon
- HCTB 29: 36 Warlords of Draenor Facts
- HCTB 28: All About That Base
- HCTB 27: Sexually Suggestive Content Gets Twitched
- HCTB 26: Memories and Moments
- HCTB 25: Winners and Losers – Iron Tide
- HCTB 24: First World Gamer Problems
- HCTB 23: Strongbad is Back
- HCTB 22: Free Steam Keys
- HCTB 21: Destiny Bounty Guides
- HCTB 20: Destiny Video Farming Guides
- HCTB 19: Casino Cave Closed
- HCTB 18: Why Light Is Important in Destiny
- HCTB 17: Do You Like Green Engrams?
- HCTB 16: Destiny Is A Nursery Rhyme
- HCTB 15: Is This My Destiny?
- HCTB 14: Censored
- HCTB 13: Hype and Hope
- HCTB 12: Irritated by Ice Bucket Challenge
- HCTB 11: Censored
- HCTB 10: I Got Fireflied
- HCTB 9: Gaming Junkets, Do We Need Them?
- HCTB 8: Need For Speed or Gaming Gourmand
- HCTB 7: Every Breath You Take
- HCTB 6: Dear LPBs and Twitch
- HCTB 5: Comments
- HCTB 4: If MMO Fans Were World Cup Fans
- HCTB 3: Censored
- HCTB 2: Censored
- HCTB 1: EA vs Activision
- Follow me on Twitter (@BoomjackTTH)
- Whitelist us if you use adblocking software
- Comment below (even a “this sucks” will do)
Thanks again. I appreciate your support. Who’s awesome? You’re awesome!
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Warlords of Draenor Game Page.