DCUO DLC Unleashes the Might of the Amazons
SOE today unveiled the next DLC pack for DC Universe Online (DCUO) with Amazon Fury Part I, a new storyline featuring Wonder Woman, Circe, Hippolyta and the Amazons. Also included in the DLC is a new shared open world are, solo Iconic Visions, new Weapon Mastery abilities, two new Duos, and a 4-player Alert.
Here's the list of included features:
- Amazon Fury Part I is the first of three DLC packs that focus on Wonder Woman and the Amazons.
- Weapon Mastery will allow players to master multiple weapon types and seamlessly combine them during combat for greater flexibility and power.
- Amazon Queen Hippolyta will make her debut in DC Universe Online with this DLC pack.
- The Alert and Duos will give players the opportunity to adventure through the Themyscira Palace District, warehouses, and seaside port for the first time.
- Everyone can play as either Wonder Woman or Circe in new Solo Iconic Visions that let players relive crucial moments that led up to the Amazon civil war.
- The new shared open area will take place in an alternate phase of Gotham City called Gotham Under Siege, which is overwhelmed by the divided Amazons and their powerful allies.
In addition to the announcement, Creative Director Jens Andersen has posted a new letter discussing the story behind the DLC as well as some of its content.
In Brainiac's bid to digitize the multiverse, he created three avatars, each associated with a powerful Nexus of Technology, Meta, and Magic. It was the Avatar of Magic’s creation on Themyscira outside the gates of Tartarus that has led us to this moment. Furious at the attack on Paradise Island, Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons, began silently planning a counterstrike. Holding the mortal world responsible for letting the infestation of Braniac reach her shores, she decides the time for peace has passed and that the time of war and death has begun.
Amazon Fury Part I will be available for PC, PplayStations 3, and PlayStation 4 this spring.
Sources: SOE Press Release, Creative Director Jens Andersen Reveals DCUO's Next DLC Pack, Amazon Fury Part I