Item and Monetary Changes Outlined for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (FFXIV) will signify a rebirth of sorts for FFXIV, but the content isnt all thats getting a makeover. This week Square Enix revealed a number of changes to inventory limits, crystals and in-game currency changes. On the subject of the in-game currency and monetary system, there will be a number of reductions.
- All NPC vendor buying/selling prices will be reduced to 1/10 of current values.
- All quest rewards, monster drops, and in-game monetary rewards will be reduced to 1/10 of current values.
- All repair costs, airship fares, and other in-game service fees will be reduced to 1/10 of current values.
- Because of changes to game systems, the prices of existing items will change to varying degrees.
- The maximum amount of gil that a player can possess will not change from 999,999,999.
- The amount of gil required to obtain certain achievements will be reduced to 1/10 of current values.
- All gil currently held by players will be reduced to 1/10 of current values.
Additionally, crystals will remain at a limit of 9,999 with any extra that may come back to the inventory being converted to gil, player inventory slots will be reduced to 100 with excess items transferred to a temporary NPC retainer.
For a full list of the latest changes, visit the FFXIV website
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Game Page.