Who Gets The Nerf-Bat
style="font-style: italic;">December 7th, 2007
week we're taking another quick break from our Dynamic Duo set of polls
to bring up an interesting question that's been floating around in my
head for awhile now. Discussions have been going on for quite some time
about various classes being overpowered, classes being underpowered,
etc. I think it's high time we sit down and hash this particular
classes listed in this poll have been put here primarily for their
ability to solo 4-dot mobs (or stronger) of at least equal level.
So without further rambling on my part, let's get down to the
nitty-gritty of it all. If you don't understand a
or abbreviation I use here, please check our style="font-weight: bold;"
The big question this week is:
class do you feel is currently overpowered?"
Some people may be shocked to see me of all people list this class, but
there it is. The necromancer has a wide range of abilities that makes
it extremely good at soloing. At times, it may even be too good.
- Able to kite mobs while staying out of damage range.
- Ability to quickly lose aggro with feign death.
- Continually damaging mob with multiple dots and pets.
The dreadknight seems an obvious choice out of the heavy tanks. They
have the ability to solo as well as a necromancer if not better
depending on the specific circumstances.
- Able to absorb large of amounts of damage from mobs.
- Ability to heal self to a fairly effective degree
- Arguably highest DPS output of all tanks.
While the ranger may not be one of the most often played classes, they
can solo with the best of them. As has been mentioned before, it's no
secret that the ranger was Brad McQuaid's personal favorite/baby.
- Ability to kite while staying out of damage range.
- Highest melee potential of all offensive fighters.
- Multiple damage boosters ranging from 150%-400%
The cleric may not always be the fastest class to solo with, but
they're impossibly hard to kill in a solo situation if played with some
- Only healer that can wear heavy armor
- Multiple heals, including direct heals, heal over time
spells, and insta-heals
- Ability to lull, thus splitting group pulls
It can be argued that none of the classes are overpowered. Rather than
nerfing various classes, perhaps the other classes should be "brought
up to par". Perhaps the mobs themselves need to be re-adjusted to
provide more of a challenge to those classes currently perceived as
Everyone has their own opinion and it's entirely possible I didn't list
yours in here. If choosing this option in the poll, please only do so
if you also state what class/option you would like to have seen in its
Now it's your turn.
Tell us what you want added/changed!
style="text-align: center; background-color: rgb(160, 184, 216);"> style="font-weight: bold;">VOTE
IN OUR POLL!
Which class do you
feel is currently overpowered?
- Necromancers must be nerfed.
- Down with the reign of the Dread Knight.
- Rangers can't hide from this issue.
- Clerics should be servants of the gods, not gods
- None - The other classes need to be boosted.
- Other - Please state what choice you would list here.
(this poll is always open)
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Game Page.