This build is designed for Conquest Structured Player versus Player
The Hambow build as it is known is probably the most common in all of Guild Wars 2. It’s powerful, easy to pick up and is strong when attacking a Control Point by yourself. There’s a great deal of Area Effect damage in this build as well as a lot of condition clearing making you incredibly strong in 1 on 1 fights.
Weapon Sets and Skills
- Hammer: Superior Sigil of Battle
- Hammer: Superior Sigil of Intelligence
- Longbow: Superior Sigil of Doom
- Longbow: Superior Sigil of Energy
- Hammer: Superior Sigil of Paralyzation over Superior Sigil of Battle
Runes and Amulet
Play and Usage
The Warrior’s Hambow build is a nuisance for most classes. It has great survivability, deals plenty of damage and can comfortably solo most points. The main thing to remember is that your Hammer provides a great deal of knockdowns while you should always be switching to Bow when you can so that you can hit opponents from range as they approach your Control Point. I will forewarn however that this build, while effective, is relatively dull to play.
- Condition Removal: Using Combustive Shot is the best way of removing Conditions from yourself thanks to Cleansing Ire Trait.
- Might Stacking: The easiest way to Might stack with this build is to blast the fire fields you create. You can quickly do this using Arcing Arrow or Earthshaker when you have the Hammer equipped.
- CC Chain: The Hambow Warrior is incredibly annoying to fight against because of the quantity of its knockdowns. The chain is simple but effective: Earthshaker > Staggering Blow > Backbreaker > Fierce Blow
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Guild Wars 2 Game Page.