This build is designed for Conquest Structured Player versus Player
The altruistic healing Guardian is one of my favourite builds in the entire game. Although you’re still considered “bunker” you are easily defeated by Celestial Engineer’s because you cannot withstand the Condition pressure. Fortunately this build not only heals those around you for huge amounts but it also provides a wealth of Boons for Capture Point control.
Weapon Sets and Skills
- Focus over Shield for a greater ability to block and additional condition removal.
- Strength in Numbers can be swapped for Meditation Mastery (if using Focus) or Mace of Justice to improve Healing output.
- Mace: Superior Sigil of Energy
- Mace: Superior Sigil of Intelligence
- Staff: Superior Sigil of Energy
- Staff: Superior Sigil of Intelligence
- On Staff, Superior Sigil of Renewal over Superior Sigil of Intelligence
Runes and Amulet
Play and Usage
As an altruistic healing Guardian your role is to support your team mates whether holding a Control Point or fighting on your way to a Control Point. You can withstand a large amount of damage but I wouldn't consider this a true bunker build. You can die in seconds when Immobilised and without your Stun Break: it's incredibly important to save them as long as possible. Due to the healing nature of this build you need to spend as much time as possible around your team mates. Fighting on the point is a must but it's also incredibly important to know when to disengage, heal and jump back on the Control Point.
- Healing Output: This build has a great deal of splash Healing output and your teams survivability as well as your own benefits massively from it: Orb of Light (1500hp), Empower (2500hp), Virtue of Resolve (4000hp), Symbol of Faith (1500hp), Shield of Absorption (1500hp) and “Hold the Line!” (1500hp). That also doesn’t include your ability to reset your Virtues from your Elite skill or the health you gain from the trait, Altruistic Healing, when you apply Boons. It’s a good idea to try to use “The the Line!” first and then your Virtue of Resolve before you use your primary heal. Empower will also heal you for significantly more than the tooltip if you’re surrounded by your team as you’ll gain more health for each stack of might on your allies.
- Staff Potency: At first glance the staff seems limited but it’s incredibly powerful in the right hands. There’s a few things you need to know. Firstly, Symbol of Swiftness stacks in duration so you should try to stand in it for at least 4 seconds before a match starts. Secondly, always try to detonate Orb of Light for splash healing. Thirdly, Empower heals you based on each boon you apply to allies and it also applies healing at its end. You’re vulnerable at its cast but you can protect yourself through Aegis, positioning or using Line of Warding to block your opponents from reaching you.
- Condition Removal: All three of your shouts remove 2 conditions. You need to try to save “Stand your Ground!” for stomps or as long as humanly possible. “Save Yourselves!” is also one of the best skills in the game and should be used when your team is under very heavy condition pressure.