City of Heroes recently got its Issue 15: Anniversary update for players to enjoy. The update brings a lot of new features to the game such as new costume change emotes, over 20 new character faces, a mission architect toolbox to allow players to more easily polish their missions, and the return of the popular 5th Column villain group.
Our latest free content update, Issue 15: Anniversary, introduces a wealth of new content and features, including the revival of one of our most popular villain groups, The 5th Column! Heroes and Villains alike will uncover the mystery behind this long dormant foe as they participate in all new Task Force and Strike Force missions. Other major updates include additions to the critically acclaimed Mission Architect system, costumes, character faces, and more. Here's a quick overview:
- 5th Column Task Force and Strike Force (Levels 45-50): Five new Task Force missions pit our Heroes against new threats and bring about the return of old foes. Five new Strike Force missions present our Villains with an opportunity that simply cannot be passed up, forcing them to face off against old and new enemies; some hero, others not.
- New Costume Change Emotes*: Introduced in Super Booster II: Magic, costume change emotes provide characters with exciting visual animations when transitioning between costumes. New free Issue 15 emotes include backflip, salute, evil laugh and more.
- New Character Faces: Over 20 new character faces give you more character customization options.
- New Costumes: New Vines and Ulterior themed costume sets.
- Architect Toolbox: With new testing tools, it's easier to polish your content before sharing it with the public.
- Enhanced Mission Architect Searching and Navigation: Key phrase tagging and arc difficulty display help you find the content you're looking for faster.
- Other Mission Architect Creation Enhancements: New options for creating custom stories.
*By default, characters have only one costume slot and must unlock additional costume slots through activities in the game. Additional costume slots are unlocked by completing costume slot missions at levels 20, 30, and 40, and by using Halloween Event salvage (which can also be bought, sold, or traded via the in-game Consignment House/Black Market).
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our City of Heroes Game Page.