Earthlock: Festival of Magic is seeking backers for the tiny amount (by industry standards) of $150,000. I think we should all help.
There are few Kickstarters that come along that actually interest me. In fact most of them are tried and tested approaches to games that big companies are already taking on but I think Earthlock has something awesome going on. Simply put it's a turn based RPG that's trying to do things a little bit differently all wrapped up in a beautiful style. Unlike normal turn based RPG's you actually fight in two pairs of two and to obtain ammo you'll need to grow and farm it. Luckily it's quick, slick and reminds me very much of old PlayStation classics.
Some of the features include:
- Rich, non-linear story
- Turn-based combat (No Active Time Battle)
- Combat pairs (Allows more variations to your battle team)
- Grow your own ammunition (Organic crafting)
- Build and improve your home base
- Environmental Puzzles
- Gorgeous overworld with a retro feel
- No random encounters (Monsters visible at all times)
- Play as Male or Female protagonist (You can switch at any time)
Fortunately and unlike most Kickstarter's there's actually a demo of Earthlock which you can download from the Kickstarter page. If the art direction and fantastic concepts don't grab you, I'm sure the demo will. Head on over the Kickstarter page here or watch the trailer below.