On the heels of losing their last developer, SOE's Matrix Online has released update number 66 this week. Improving texture rendering in Vista, better boss drops, and a few more tweaks and fixes...On the heels of losing their last developer, SOE's Matrix Online has released update number 66 this week. Improving texture rendering in Vista, better boss drops, and a few more tweaks and fixes were added which should make players a little happier.
Improved Rendering Under Vista
Improved texture rendering problems visible while running the game under Windows Vista. The improvements will be mostly transparent for Windows XP users, although users of both operating systems will see a few minor visual changes here and there, including:
* Construct "Warrior" NPCs and Wasteland Corruptors will disappear from view past ~60 meters
* Elite Commando Gloves will no longer have visible bumpy ridges
* Non-fingerless gloves, and the neck section of the SSR Helmet, will get the Personal Firewall effect along with the player's skin
* Small semi-transparent strips will be visible next to the character when a coatless small male RSI, or a player disguised as a female Hel Club Guard, uses Sneak
* Tattoos will no longer be visible under some women's dresses/shirt/coat combinations that previously allowed part of the chest tattoo to show around the edge of the clothing
Check out the full patch notes at the official Matrix Online site.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our The Matrix Online Game Page.