Aion celebrates its fourth year of operation this month and NCsoft has plenty of festive events lined up for players to take part in. The Alchemy event, the first of many, kicked off on September 4th, allowing players a chance to unlock special chest throughout the world with keys from daily quests or by combining Alchemic Essences for a chance to obtain various rewards. This event comes to a close on September 18th.
Starting today, the second event will be available for players with the Leave Your Legacy: Aethertech contest. Players are once again being given a chance to leave their mark on the world of Atreia by creating their own unique design for an Aethertech Key & Mecha. The winner will see their design added to the game. The submission deadline is September 25th, so you better get started.
Other events running throughout the month include the Daevas Day event running from September 18th through October 2nd, providing players with an assortment of anniversary activities such as special anniversary cake buffs, quest rewarding with Daeva Wings, challenges to earn golden feathers that can be used to purchase other rewards, and a hide-and-seek game that rewards players for finding mini-anniversary cakes hidden around the world. Hopefully they wont be too stale.
Lastly, September 19th marks Talk Like a Pirate Day in Aion. Players are encouraged to dress their characters in pirate gear to observe this most sacred of days. Additionally, players can also expect to see a number of GM events, activities, and minigames running throughout the month.
You can visit the Aion website to learn more about the contest and anniversary events. In the meantime, enjoy this fresh batch of new screenshots while you wait for all the new events to get underway.
title=""> src="http://www.tentonhammer.com/image/view/253085" alt="Aion_Leave_Your_Legacy_Aethertech" width="600" height="327"
style="border: 0px solid ; width: 600px; height: 327px;" />
Aion® Celebrates Four Years of Massive PvP Battles, Encapsulating Storylines and Fierce Faction Conflicts with a Month of Thrilling Anniversary Festivities
Players Encouraged to Check-In Often to Experience Live Events, In-Game Activities, a Special Themed Costume Day and Participate for a Chance to Design a Mech for the Upcoming Aethertech Class
ALISO VIEJO, CA (September 11, 2013) NCSOFT, the worlds premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games (MMOs), kicks off a month-long celebration commemorating the introduction of Aion to the West exactly four years ago this month. Chock-full of events, players will be treated with multiple opportunities throughout the celebration to engage in activities bringing to life the excitement of this milestone in- and out-of-game, including the ability for one fan to leave their mark in the game with a special user generated content activity.
Critically acclaimed from the onset, having captured the hearts of South Korean gamers before coming to the West, Aion introduced Western MMO players to gameplay mechanics that changed their expectations for triple-A MMO experiences, graphics and character customization, said Richard Zinser, chief operating officer, NCSOFT Interactive. And with four years under our belt, we continue to push the envelope by providing our players with challenging dungeons, fast-paced, massive-scale PvP battles and amazing customization options allowing players to really come into their own within Aion.
Specific activities taking place throughout the month to commemorate the anniversary include:
- Alchemy Event Unlock special chests throughout the world with keys obtained from daily quests and by combining Alchemic Essences with Lead Fragments. There are tons of great rewards available in the chests so make the most of this event every day. [Sept 4-18]
- Deavas Day Events A variety of celebration activities that include special anniversary cake buffs, quests rewarding players with Deava Wings, challenges that enable players to earn golden feathers to purchase rewards, and a hide-and-seek game that rewards players for finding mini-anniversary cakes around the world. [Sept 18 - Oct 2]
- Leave Your Legacy: Aethertech Players are once again given the chance to leave their mark in Aion forever. Leave Your Legacy allows players to submit their very own design for an Aethertech Key & Mecha. One design will be chosen and created for the new Aethertech class coming when Aion 4.5 launches in North America. [Sept 11 - 25]
- In-Game GM Events NCSOFT GMs will be making their way into the game to host a variety of activities and play mini-games designed to bring players together and handsomely reward them for their efforts.
- Talk Like a Pirate Day Dress your character in the latest designer North American exclusive Pirate gear in observance of the national Talk Like a Pirate Day and participate in various themed activities. [Sept 19]
# # #
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Aion Game Page.