Star Wars Galaxies Galactic Civil War: Forces Under Siege Game Update Now Available
Help Save Vital Cities from Falling Into Enemy Hands
WHAT: Beginning today, the Star Wars Galaxies Galactic Civil War: Forces Under Siege game update is available for Rebels and Imperials alike. Sony Online Entertainment is also offering eligible former players the opportunity to come back to Star Wars Galaxies for free between February 1 and March 1. With the balance of power in the galaxy at stake, anyone who can tote a blaster or lend support is needed on the front lines! Eligible player accounts will be automatically reactivated players can simply log in to rejoin the action! For those who choose to re-subscribe before the free period ends, a special in-game painting will be given as a reward.
Come back now to join in massive invasions and build a legacy in the battle raging across the galaxy where the movies end, your adventure begins!
FEATURES: Star Wars Galaxies Galactic Civil War: Forces Under Siege includes new, massive invasion warfare scenarios in three major cities featuring:
o New Gameplay:
- Cities will display Imperial or Rebel banners and faction-specific NPCs, quests, terminals and pylons depending on which faction is in control
- Added support for Factional Mercenaries. Neutral players can align themselves with either faction to participate in city conflicts and earn rewards
- Mayors of player cities are able to set their citys factional alignment from the management terminal
- Fight battles within newly implemented Planetary Regions to determine which faction controls a planet
o New Interactive Structures:
- Defend cities by manning barricades and building defensive turrets
- Assault enemy cities and take out defense structures and key enemy personnel with the might of AT-AT or Hailfire missile attacks
o All New Profession-Based Quests:
- Contribute to the battle with profession-specific quests that let players bolster defending or invading forces
- Improve and repair defensive structures, revive fallen soldiers, heal fatigue, entertain demoralized troops, slice terminals, scout and sabotage patrol points, and more
o Epic New Rewards:
- Battle-specific quests such as manning barricades, building turrets and treating wounded soldiers, now grant tokens that can be cashed in for new rewards, including: faction-specific clothing including capes, cloaks and battle-scarred armor; Entertainer glow sticks; bombing-run binoculars; an upgraded personal shield generator and multiple new weapons
WHEN: The Star Wars Galaxies Galactic Civil War: Forces Under Siege game update is scheduled to release January 26, 2010. The promotional re-entitlement period begins February 1, 2010 and ends on March 1, 2010
About Star Wars Galaxies
Star Wars Galaxies, developed and published by LucasArts and Sony Online Entertainment, is one of the longest-running and most popular online experiences, bringing gamers of all ages and skill levels together in the ultimate Star Wars journey. Begin aboard the Millennium Falcon helping Han Solo and Chewbacca fend off the notorious Darth Vader. Along the way, join with Star Wars characters on missions that span the galaxy. Ally with the Rebels to fight against the Galactic Empire, or join forces with the dark side and crush the Rebel scum. Heroic adventurers can seek their fortune in space or on the ground as a bounty hunter, smuggler, Jedi or a host of other unique Star Wars professions.
LucasArts, a division of Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd., is a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software worldwide for video game console systems, computers and the Internet. Based in San Francisco, Calif., as well as on the Internet at www.lucasarts.com, LucasArts was created in 1982 by George Lucas to provide an interactive element to his vision of a state-of-the-art, multifaceted entertainment company.
About Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchises and hit titles including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, Untold Legends, and PlanetSide®, as well as for developing Star Wars Galaxies, SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities while introducing new genres on various entertainment platforms. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional development studios in Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, Denver, CO, Tucson, AZ, and Taiwan, SOE has an array of cutting-edge games in development.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Star Wars Galaxies Game Page.