The advanced pre-order offers for Star Trek Online have been announced and depending on where you order from will determine which perks you get.GameStop, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Direct2Drive, and Steam all have retailer-specific bonuses available through ordering with them. Luckily each one does have one thing in common as pre-ordering guarantees access to the open beta and the head start program that allows early access to the game starting January 29th, the weekend before the game's official launch on February 2nd.
Read the full list below.
- GameStop -- GameStop customers receive the ability to command the exclusive and always classic USS Enterprise from Star Trek The Original Series.
- Best Buy -- Best Buy is offering their customers a fun in-game pet. As a Federation Captain, players own a famed Tribble of Star Trek lore that will accompany them on their travels into the final frontier. As a Klingon commander, players control the boar-like Targ, a beast found on the Klingon home world of Qo?noS.
- Amazon -- Amazon is offering an exclusive ?Liberated Borg? Bridge Officer. This bridge officer, who comes with unique nanotechnology augmentations, assists in missions and gains experience as the player does.
- Wal-Mart -- With the Wal-Mart Bonus Skill Points package, receive addition skill points that enable players to improve their characters quickly.
- Target -- Target customers who preorder Star Trek Online receive a unique ground weapon ? a TR-116. This rare projectile weapon is used in dampening fields and other challenging environments; it is also modified with a micro-transporter which beams the fired projectiles to targets at close range so that a user can fire without a direct line of site.
- Direct2Drive -- Direct2Drive customers receive an exclusive Multi-Spatial Personal Shield. This advanced personal shield system is based on Borg technology, which constantly regenerates itself and the health of its wearer.
- STEAM -- STEAM is offering customers Chromodynamic Armor. This armor is based on technology brought back from the Delta Quadrant by U.S.S. Voyager improves the damage and critical hits of energy weapons.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Star Trek Online Game Page.