Gaming communities are a resilient bunch. Once established, they tend to last for years and few have been around as long as The Syndicate. Today the guild celebrated its 15th year in online gaming. In that time, they've achieved a great number of things ranging from being featured in the MMORPG documentary Second Skin to earning the Guinness World Record for the oldest, continuously operated online gaming guild, raised thousands of dollars to support charities and much more. To add to that list, The Syndicate has established a solid community of loyal players.
So congratulations to The Syndicate on reaching their milestone and may they enjoy many more. Check out the full press release below.
February 1st, 2011 -- The Syndicate® (www.LLTS.org) is pleased to announce today that we have reached our 15th year of success as an online gaming community. Founded in 1996, The Syndicate boasts over one thousand members yet has a ninety nine percent retention rate with over ninety percent of its membership having been with the organization for several years or longer. Within the online gaming world that combination of size, longevity and retention is unparalleled by any other organization.
Throughout its 15 years, The Syndicate has set the mark for excellence in a number of ways. The foundation of the success of the guild was created through established a strict and well managed recruiting policy. In order to join The Syndicate one must be close friends with the guild; have a compatible personality and gaming play style; and be looking for long term membership that is based heavily around building personal relationships with other members of the guild. That focus has led to the creation of a 'drama free' environment with unparalleled retention which in turn has allowed for deep friendships to form.
In addition to that foundational premise, The Syndicate sets the bar for success in the online community space. Among the many successes of the organization are:
* Guinness World Record holder for the oldest, continuously operated online gaming guild
* Featured in the MMORPG documentary Second Skin which has been seen around the world both in the theaters and on television.
* Published the book Legend of The Syndicate which details the first ten years of success of the organization. A second book is in the works now which will have a focus on sharing the secrets of building a successful online gaming community and on helping to define the current state of player expectations for new MMORPGs.
* Founded a strategy guide writing studio working for Prima Games to usher in a new era of quality strategy guides for MMO, RPG, FPS and RTS games.
* Became the first online gaming entity to trademark its name (along with the logo and slogan). That Trademark is now five years old and protects The Syndicate name from use as a guild name or on an associated web-page.
* Founded the most successful real life 'guild' event in the history of online gaming. SyndCon celebrates its tenth year of success this year and will feature several hundred Syndicate members, guests and friends.
* Helping to shape the future of MMORPGs as it has for many years now, through close relationships with a vast number of game developers. Support has run the gamut from testing to consulting and everywhere in between.
* Raised thousands of dollars to support our chosen charity organizations: Youth Opportunity Unlimited and the American Cancer society. Donations are raised via our annual charity raffle supported by our industry friends.
* Formed strategic relationships with both hardware and software developers including Alienware and Bigfoot Networks.
The Syndicate continues to push the boundaries of what an entity, founded within the online gaming space, can achieve. With a lengthy track record of success; a motivated, mature and professional membership; and a strong vision for the future, The Syndicate is both proud of its fifteen years of success and very excited about the opportunities that the future holds. Long Live The Syndicate!
-- For more information please visit us at www.LLTS.org