Loading... December 21, 2005
With the exception of City of Villains, which is sure to make just about any MMOG fan happy there isn't much new in the genre this holiday season. It sounds crazy, and I'm almost embarrassed to say that I have it and play it, but Guitar Hero is an incredible game for the PS2. Sure, it has nothing to do with MMOGs, but it is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. While your buddies are trying to catch up to you in World of Warcraft you can rock out with your fancy news PS2 guitar.
After hours of building a frame, buying a liner and getting the bloody liner to fit in the frame it was time to fill our "frontyard" rink with water. In comes the water truck with 3,000 gallons of water and what do you know? Our yard isn't level. In fact, over 48 feet it is out an entire foot. I now have 3/4 of a beautiful rink and a lot more work ahead of me. Will the kids remember this when they grow up? They will if the picture of a growing man crying in the snow has any affect on them.
Our sympathies go out to the family of Wayne Gretzky. His mother passed away yesterday from lung cancer.
MMOG Quote of the Day: Lag - "an all purpose excuse for the failure to perform a mission critical activity. When the only thing a group member has to do to prevent the Orcs from scooping out your brain and gobbling it with 6 foot lobster fork is cast the Butt of Flying Monkeys at just the right time, you can bet that player will choose that exact, precise moment to wander off and harvest a basket of Dingleberries that just couldn't wait. And now that your empty skull is being used as a peanut bowl in some Orc bar, you can bet when you gently inquire, "why the @***!! didn't you cast the Butt of Flying Monkeys!!??", they will serenely explain, "I had lag"." - Neddie Seagoon
If you enjoyed that one, you will love the really good ones submitted by Neddie Seagoon, available in our Random MMOG Quote repository.
TenTon Comics: Nothing new here...move along. Move along. Still here, check out the catalogue of comics "Right Here".
Buying gold in Vanguard, forming your guild and holiday goodness are all yours in the fresh network content found today on TenTonHammer.com.
Here's what's new on the network!
- Win a Dungeons and Dragons Online Pre-Order!
- Guild Wars: PvE Build - Smite Monk - Taking the "un" out of undead.
- LotRO: Make Me Think, Not Twitch - MMOG Combat.
- EQ2: Cracking Down The Creator - A guide to beating the Play-Doh boss.
- Vanguard: Born To Be A Druid - Hugging trees is optional.
- EQ2: Exclusive Holiday Screenshots - Thanks Sony Online Entertainment
- EQ2: Guild Guide - Hardcore or Casual?
- Vanguard: Holding the Line - Players Against The Secondary Market
- Vanguard: The Shaman - What is the plural form of Shaman?
- WoW: Santa Clause Is Coming To Town - And Azeroth
- WoW: Leatherworking Guide - Are you a tanner?
Wednesday Vin Diesel Fact: Vin Diesel can count backwards from infinity.
Now on to the real world. You can't make this stuff up.
- 12 Foot Shark Attacks Trans-Atlantic Rowboat
We have trans-Atlantic rowboats?.
- Doctor Charged With Treating Cancer Patients With "Weed Killer"
Obviously misunderstanding that marijuana is "Killer Weed", not "Weed Killer."
- Self Healing Elevators Up and Running
All hail our robotic elevating overlords.
- Calling Britney Spears "Goofy" Will Get You Sued for $20 Million
What will the trailer-trash, no-talent skank do next?
As always, thanks for visiting TenTonHammer.com,
-- John "Boomjack" Hoskin