Games | Place
Names | Aedra
& Daedra | Timeline
- The planet on which all Elder Scrolls games
take place. It is the center of the plane of Mundus, and the eight planets
are believed to orbit around it. Nirn has two moons - Masser, the big one,
and Secunda, the small one.
Oblivion - a
plane of existence lying between Mundus and the Aetherium, the plane where
the Aedra exist. Oblivion is home of the Daedra and the Daedric Princes,
who have constructed their own realms within the plane of Oblivion.
Coldharbour - the realm of Daedric Prince Molag
Bal. It is essentially a copy of Nirn, including physical features like
the White Gold Tower, but filled with desecration and destruction.
Tamriel - The continent where all the action
takes place. Tamriel consists of nine provinces:
- Cyrodiil - the central province, home of the
Imperials and the location of all of TESO's PvP. Setting of TES IV:
- High Rock - northwestern province, home of
the Bretons; also the location of the city-state of Orsinium,
home of the Orcs
- Hammerfell - northwestern province, home of
the Redguards. Setting of TES II: Daggerfall
- Skyrim - north-central province, home of
the Nords. Setting of TES V: Skyrim
- Morrowind - northeastern province, home of
the Dunmer. Setting of TES III: Morrowind
- Black Marsh - eastern province, home of the
Argonians. Ground zero of the pandemic Knahaten Flu
- Elsweyr - southeastern province, home of the
Khajiit. Consists of desert in the north and jungles in the south.
- Valenwood - southwestern province, home of
the Bosmer. Largely uninhabited rainforest.
- Summerset Isles - a pair of islands located
off the southwest coast of Tamriel, home of the Altmer.
White Gold Tower - The central structure of the
Imperial Palace in Imperial City, Cyrodiil. Location of the Ruby Throne,
the seat of the Emperor.