Posted Mon, Jun 09, 2008 by Ram
Boarding Combat! How do you play?
Ahoy, a new contest matey! Pirates of the Burning Sea will be holding a series of contests over the next few months to see who can make the most educational video communicating how a specific in-game feature works.
First up: Boarding Combat!
While you are encouraged to share any hints, tips or tricks you’ve found to help you master the art of Boarding Combat, your video must describe all the steps it takes to make Boarding Combat work in Pirates of the Burning Sea.
Here are the rules:
1. This contest is open to our customers across the globe, so long as you have an active Pirates of the Burning Sea account.
2. The mission for this round is to use video to describe how Boarding Combat works, from start to finish.
3. The deadline for this round of video submissions is midnight, Monday, June 23rd Pacific Standard Time. Submissions must be posted as links to this thread by that time, or they will not be accepted.
4. All submissions need to be submitted as links in this thread to videos uploaded to www.YouTube.com. They must conform to the YouTube upload requirements, which you can findt this link. Aspiring directors with a Windows machine may want to consider installing the YouTube Uploader, which you can read more about by visiting this link.
Important Note: Your video must be less than 10 minutes and no more than 1024 MB.
5.Due to copyright concerns, you are only allowed to use Pirates of the Burning Sea music. We’ve made a selection of our music available for your use, which you can find by visiting this link.
6. As always, make sure you adhere to Pirates of the Burning Sea community rules and expectations, which you can find by visiting this link.
7. All submissions become property of Flying Lab Software.
Prizes? Who Needs Prizes?
We’ll be picking one winner from all the video submissions and that video will forever live on our site as a testament to the genius of their creator- or at least until the video is out of date. Winners of this contest claim bragging rights, the pride of a job well done, internet fame and… oh, hang it- here’s what the winner gets:
GeCube ATI Radeon HD 3650 (256MB GDDR3) Video Card!
• Direct X 10.1 / Shader Model 4.1 Support
• ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU Ready
• Dual Display Configuration for HDTV & DVI
For more contest information, please visit PotBS.