Posted Wed, May 31, 2006 by Awenyddion
There are a few updates in the works. The first one doesn't come as a surprise. Everyone has mail in game now. Frankly, I can't live without it.
The Couriers of House Orien, masters of transport and delivery, have begun a new effort to make inroads into the wealth held by Xen'drik and Stormreach. To that end, they have placed enchanted delivery devices throughout the city to allow citizens, for a small fee, to transport items quickly over short distances.
These devices will be found in the city wards of Stormreach when the Twilight Forge Module is released. A representative of House Orien will also be available in the city to talk to and answer the questions of those interested.
Send Text Messages
You can write messages to your friends or other characters on your account and they will be delivered the next time they come online.
When sending a message, you can attach an item from your inventory to it. The item will be removed from your inventory and wait for the recipient to retrieve it.
When sending a message, you can enter an amount of currency that you would like to send.
You can send and retrieve mail through mailboxes, which are placed across Stormreach in the different City Wards. When you receive a message, you will see a letter icon on your focus orb. Once a message is opened, it will be deleted after three days.
Dead Letter Office
If a person on your ignore list attempts to send you a message, it will be returned to the sender. Unopened letters will be returned to the sender after 30 days. If you receive a message that was returned to you, you must open it within 30 days or it will be deleted.
The services of the House Orien Couriers will provide a complete system for communication and commerce with other residents of Stormreach. It’s never been easier to do business and keep in touch!
Next on our tour of what's up in DDO, is the weekly development activity. There's a long laundry list so you'll have to go to the Official Site. to see it. However, here's a taste.
Check out the latest updates to the "Weekly Development Activities." The goal for this feature is to give solid expectations on what you can expect to see in future updates.
These items are in QA and should be a part of the next update.
Vendors and NPC's
* The Jewelry and Clothing Pawnbrokers will be moving to the Marketplace Tent. Vendors selling non-magical consumable goods will take their place in the House shops.
* We will be correcting some of the (now) incorrect NPC dialogue following the recent relocation of several quest NPCs.
* NEW - Scrag the kobold will be fixed so that he can talk to more than one player at a time.
* The variety of Bane/Greater Bane/Slaying arrows and bolts will be significantly increased. Additionally, we will be adding Bane and Greater Bane missiles to the loot tables for chests.
* Warforged Oil (Drink) will be significantly improved so that it is comparable in effectiveness to similar to non-oil drinks of equivalent cost.
* The Brooch of Waterbreathing will once again have a 90 second effect.
* Players will no longer find Slaying arrows that don't have killable monsters associated with them.
* Hold Person scrolls will now be available for sale with the rest of the level 3 Arcane Scrolls.
* We are changing the description of some resistance items to help clarify stacking. For example "of resistance" items do not stack with items that give a bonus to a specific category of saves (i.e. will saves).
* There is the possibility that some items have been created that cast Fireshield. Fireshield has not been fully implemented into the game and does not return damage to enemies that attack a fireshielded character. These items will no longer be created, but Fireshield items already in existence will not be changed. Fireshield does Reduce damage from fire while it is in effect.
* Holy, Axiomatic, and Anarchic weapons no longer display the Immune message when a player of the correct alignment equips them.
* The Brooch of Shielding and Raktu’s Trifle will no longer display an alert icon for their Magic missile shielding effects.
* Any new Docents of Filtration will be properly identified as docents.
* Any new Thanatos Weave Robes will be properly identified as robes.
Now, if you're still wanting more Dungeons & Dragons Online goodness, you'll have to visit our Community.