It's been pretty well known that the developers at Turbine (creators of Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons and Dragons Online) are considering the development of a massively multiplayer game on a next gen console system as a fairly high priority, and a recently released survey from one of Turbine's focus groups makes this fact even more apparent. The survey itself is very, very focused on differentiating the participants likes on the console market versus their likes on the PC market. Here are a few paraphrased examples of the questions:
- How often do you play games from various business models?
- What types of games do you enjoy on PC?
- What types of games do you enjoy on a console?
- Do you prefer consoles over PCs and vice versa?
- What MMOGs are you familiar with?
- Do you own and/or still play those MMOGs you are familiar with?
- What IPs would you like to see made into an MMOG?
Although the nature of the questions change depending upon your answers, the gist remains the same. Turbine wants to know about your console vs. PC preferences, and they're trying to find the right intellectual property that can fill that MMO console niche.