The EQ2 @ TTH Antonica Zone Guide
- Ethec, your humble tour guide and fellow adventurer
- Savanja, official guide updater
- (8.28.06) - Guide update!
- Put your submissions into the guide and research any questions you might have about Antonica! Send 'em along!
- Minimum Level
- Zones which Branch Off From Antonica
- Quests and Quest Starters
- A Graphical Tour of Antonica
- Heritage Quests Involving Antonica
- The Antonica J-Boots Run Illustrated
- Harvesting Around Antonica
- Soloing Opportunities
- Opportunities for Groups
Ah, Antonica. A Qeynos citizen's first taste of big-time adventuring, though there's plenty for the far-traveling Freeport citizen to do here as well. A region of the Shattered Lands relatively unscathed by the fractile moon, though that didn't stop the gnolls in the surrounding area from besieging Qeynos in the aftermath. The gnolls have a cavernous stronghold not far from Qeynos' North Gates along the Antonican Road, though their expansive lair, Blackburrow is found in the far sou'-mideast. At night, the Timberclaw gnolls vie for Archer's Woods adjacent to the Claymore Monument; which itself is watched over by a defensive line of watchtowers. Farther southwest is a lighthouse, whose vigilance safeguards ships rounding Coldwind Point.
In the northwest, a strange infestation of Klicnik mites endangers the foothills approaching the Forbidden Isle, home of vast ranks of undead guarding an ancient tomb. Proceding east, we find the Oracle Tower, home of powerful if reclusive mages and scholars, and the Ruins of Caltorsis, another dreadful mausoleum protected by a veritable army of undead. Further east is a last bastion of civilization, Windstalker Village, which (time spent there will show) has a haunted past as well. Proceding southward from the village is the Shattered Vale, an area only large groups of young adventurers fear to tread. Next is the gate to Stormhold, a deep, rent fortress of once mighty warriors, and then the Thundering Steppes, itself a vast zone and a hub of commericial and social activity. Three tall griffon towers bind the major regions of this beautiful low-level zone.
Note from Savanja: Recent updating to Antonica has changed the basics of this zone. A big bonus is that, this large zone has become far more solo friendly, heroic mobs being confined to the dungeons and out of the way areas in the main zone.
I tried to reflect these changes in this guide update! Enjoy!
Adventurers can sortie out into Antonica as early as they arrive to Qeynos from the isle. Really anyone level 7-23 and beyond (beyond, through "The Condemned Catacombs" instance and Heritage Quests like "The Teachings of Yoru") can find profit by spending time in Antonica.
Zones Inside the Antonica:
- Buccaneer's Den: Behind the Coldwind Lighthouse, you'll find a door (unlocked with "A Small Bronze Key," a common drop from mobs in Antonica) that opens into a level 12-14 repeatable instance that has no repeat timer.
- Blackburrow: Extensive dungeon, 4-levels, home of the Sabertooth gnolls. Roughly level 13-22. BB is extremely dangerous for inexperienced groups, so don't get in too deep unless your with friends who would help you get your shard. That goes for Stormhold too :)
- Stormhold: Another large dungeon 4-levels deep, levels 17-30. Take a group.
- Shattered Vale: You must have 6-12 players to enter this teens raid zone, requires the access quest "Vale of the Shattering"
- Firemyst Gully: Another 6-12 player raid instance for level 15 ish players. Be careful not to select the level 50 epic instance unless you're prepared for it. If you've looted the dropped quest "A Foul Wind" you can do the repeatable quest instance here in Firemyst Gully.
- Condemned Catacombs: A late-20s group zone, purchase a key on the cliff overlooking the zone instance entrance and be sure to pick up the quests offered there.
- Collection quests (Details in our collection quest guide):
- Antonica hosts the Antonican Ficus collection quest for a 12 slot bag.
- Also you can find Erudin scrolls scattered about as question marks as well.
- Normal quests:
- "There Mite be Trouble" - A quick quest for coin from Farmer Walcott in the Central Farmlands
- "Civil Service" - For rats, snakes, and mites in Antonica. Pick this one up from the Castle steps before you go out on a solo run.
- "The Tie that Binds" - A quest to allow you to place your bind point (where you CoQ to) anywhere in Qeynos, if you're a Qeynos citizen. Speak with Ethurial near the lighthouse to begin this quest.
- "Gnoll Extermination" - From Knight-Lieutenant Laughlin in North Qeynos, kill 15 full grown gnolls in Antonica. Great to run with Dancer's quests (see below).
- "The Hunt for the Windstalker Rumbler" - With a low 20s group you can take out this group x2 mob in the central Antonica Gnoll Caves and complete two quests, this one and the "Vengeance for Marlea Sayer" quest from Sighard Sayer.
- Progressive Quests
- Each begins with Matsy Rollingpin upstairs in Sayer's Outfitters (the "mender cabin") at -730, +240. The reward isn't that great for the trouble involved, so only pick up this one if you're a quest-a-holic.
- "Achoo - Antonican Pepper" - Retrieve some pepper from Merchant Novak found just outside the lighthouse in Antonica.
- " Blub, Blub Something Smells Fishy" - Kill fish off the coast of Antonica for the chowder.
- "Killing with Kindness" - Deliver stew to Aroof. He is found just downstairs.
- "Care Package for Blarton" - Deliver a package to Blarton. You can find him in the Windstalker Village, the first house on the left.
- "Spicy Meat Pie" - Kill wolves, bears, and birds, all found in the area.
- "Mail Delivery for Matsy" - Deliver to Jaques found just inside Thundering Steppes.
- These begin with Landwyn Velamir downstairs in Sayer's Outfitters (the "mender cabin") at -730, +240. Final reward is a 5-slot bag.
- "Under a Shady Tree" - Flowers are found just north of the cabin (loc
-632, +13, +16)
- "A Bow for a Beauty" - Hunt earthcrawlers. You can find these west of the south tower, along the path.
- "She Will Be a Shining Petal" - Slay klicniks for thier drops, these can be easily found just just north of the North Qeynos gates.
- "Peppermints and Potions" - Auto-updating when you reach the listed locations.
- "Song to Prexus" - The Lonely Isle is located in the northwestern most area of Antonica.
- Check out these quests from Blarton Blumble in Windstalker's Village (-1830, -539) at level 15.
- "Lucky Lure" - The lost lure is found along the cliff (loc
-1980, -29, -841) north of the village.
- "Fishing Hole Hunt" - Autoupdating when you visit each small body of water.
- "The One That Got Away" - Find One Eye in the Windstalker pond.
- "Fishing for Bait" - The bait is found north of the Keep of Gnollslayers in a gnoll camp.
- Possibly the best-rewarded progressive quests come from Dancer at the Claymore Monument at level 12.
- "A Frontierslady's Task" - Speak with Sighard Sayer, found in the Sayer cabin. Then plant the arrow in the dummy, found against the big tree off of the path (loc
-731, -3, +629). Mind the gnolls! They roam everywhere!
- "Battle with the Timberclaws" - The Timberclaws are heroic, so bring friends!
- Licha in the Windstalker Village (-1820, -544) has a set of quests for levels 10-17. Note that the last two are only available 15 and 17 respectively.
- "Sparkly or Nothing" - Kill basilisks, found on the cliffs above Windstalker Village, and darkclaw crab, found on the beach to the northeast of the village.
- "A New Dress, NOW!" - Purchase a dress from the dress merchant found on the Thundering Steppes docks.
- "Licha, Dancing Queen" - Simply hail the citizens of the village then return to Licha when you have enough.
- "She Has Ribbons in Her Hair" - Kill highway men to retrieve the stolen ribbons. Highway men are found along the roads connecting to the village.
- Frop Grroak in Starcrest Commune opens a series of quests with which you can open the ability to create froglok characters on your account. See here for details.
- If you're a Freeport citizen, you can get sabotage quests from Gol M'Tun just outside the North Qeynos gates at -29, -55 at level 20.
A Tour of Antonica (Quest for a 12-Slot Bag)
This quest seems to trip up a lot of new folks, so I provided a map to help you on your way. Here are the geographic locations of everything you need, if you don't like dealing with locs! If you keep moving and sprinting, you should be able to avoid aggro and finish this quest with ease around level 12 or so. Make avid use of griffons; they'll reveal large areas of fogged map too, but don't depend on them to carry you to safety if you're locked in a combat encounter.
Heritage Quests Involving Antonica
The Journey is Half the Fun (The Antonica Leg of the J-Boots Heritage Quest)
The Antonica run is pretty straightforward, however if you make mistakes you won't make it to the finish line before time expires. Keep to the path, sprint, and if you can afford two Wolf Totems (2, because you'll lose your buff when you mount the griffon) or can have a Scout pathfind you, you'll be in good shape.
Harvesting Around Antonica
The main road is a great place to start harvesting. From 13-15 the critters along here yield experience, so its a great place to fight and harvest. Also check out the Northern Farmlands (north crow area) and the swath of plains along the northern coastline from the Ruins of Caltorsis to the Keep of the Ardent Needle.
Keep an eye out for the following rare harvests, which can be crafted for some great items or sold for large amounts of coin:
- Ore - Blackened Iron
- Stone - Rough Coral, Silver Cluster
- Den -Cure Leather Pelt, Glowing Tooth
- Wood - Severed Bone, Glowing Flower
- Roots - Sisal Root, Glowing Flower
- Shrubs - Glowing Flower
- Fish - Glowing Scale
If you're < level 12:
- Creatures such as hawks, rats, and snakes near the Qeynos gates and docks, avoid the heroic-con rats
- Klicnik mites in the Central Farmlands (Walcott's Fields)
If you're level 13-15 :
- Klicnik Mites in the Burrows north of Fippy's Hill (yes, these are groups, but chose "weak" targets and you'll be fine)
- Badgers & Wolves in the large valley along the Antonican main road.
If you're level 15-17 :
- Earth Burrowers in the Northern Farmlands.
- Rottstuffed Scarecrows
If you're below level 12:
- Witherstraw Scarecrows in the Central Farmlands (Walcott's Fields)
- Klicnik Mites in the Northwest Fields.
Around level 13-15:
- Timberclaw Gnolls (watch out, these spawn at night, are aggro- you can rapidly build a lot of adds - and stun a lot) in Archer's Woods.
- Antonican Stags during the daytime in Archer's Woods.
- Gnolls around the Claymore Monument (with a large group).
- Blackburrow is a great place to go with a good group.
Level 15-20 :
- The first level of Stormhold (stick to the areas closest to the entrance) with a decent group.
- Undead at the Caltorsis Ruins (late teens).
Thanks for reading the TTH EQ2 Antonica zone guide!
Have an suggestion or addition for the TTH Antonica zone guide? Want to see us do a guide for one of your favorite zones? Send it to me and you'll get the credit! Share what you know (or want to know) for everyone to enjoy!