Isle of Refuge: Qeynos Side
- Slide - no0b extraordinaire
- (03.17.06) - Guide posted!
The Isle of Refuge, or Queens Colony, as it seems to be called now, is where every new character starts. Some of you may remember the "old" Isle which was fundamentally the same place for both good and evil characters. Things have changed quite a bit since that time. The basic story has been rehashed. There is still some kind of mysterious, controlling evil that plagues the colony. Your job is to find out what and put a stop to it. Everybody get's to play the helpful hero.
Your career begins as you are zoned in the middle of the colony which is somewhat of a training ground/market place, where you can ask NPCs different questions, buy goods, and start questing. Directly North of where you land is a knightly looking Kerra named Murrar Shar.
"Welcome to Norrath"
- Talk to Murrar Shar standing in front of Myrrin's tower. (-11.35, -4.33, +178.27)
- Murrar will actually give you the choice to leave the Island right away instead of partaking in the following quests
- Choose the other option to continue the quest.
- Murrar will have you run over to see Trainer Hayl who will teach you the basics of battle.
"The Art of Combat"
- Start by speaking to Trainer Hayl who is standing just outside the archway. (+27.03, -5.41, +140.22)
- Hayl wants you to start by defeating one of the 3 sparring partners standing near by.
- Defeat one of these sparring partners and return to Hayl.
- Hayl will send you back to Murrar Shar. See him to finish the quest.
- Speak to Murrar again to start the next quest.
"A Presence of Evil"
- Murrar Shar will send you off to find Sergeant Haggas this time. (+61.42, -4.25, +166.61) Sergeant Haggas is just beyond the archway to the west of the the tower.
- Sergeant Haggas will ask you to kill tainted Sapswill invaders. They should be easy enough to find since they all seem to have suicidal tendancies, rushing the baracades.
- Return to Haggas and speak to him. The next step is to find a dead soldier. You should be able to find one lying beyond the wooden baracades. Just walking up to the body should update the quest. Becareful, a defiled will rise from the soldiers body and attack you. Dispatch him and return to Haggas.
- Haggas will send you back to Murrar Shar who will give you the next quest.
"Into the Tainted Forest"
- Murrar Shar wants you to speak to Predator Sha'dur found west of the baracades and up a hill on the north wall. (+184.86, +5.21, +111.17)
- Sha'dur will tell you how he lost his bow and arrows. He'll want you to retrieve them.
- Kill Sapswill tappers until one drops the bow.
- Return to Predator Sha'dur and tell him that you didn't find any arrows.
- Upon hearing this the kerra will send you to harvest 3 sticks to help him make new arrows. You will find piles of sticks lying on the ground in the forest.
- Return to Sha'dur who will give you some wild life samples to give back to Murrar Shar.
- Return to Murrar Shar who will give you the next quest.
"Joining the Forward Ranks"
- Murrar Shar sends you off to find Cleric Mara'Vaen at the head of the Dead Canyon to the far west on the Isle. (+231.95, -4.10, +148.97)
- Mara'Vaen needs help healing the lost scouts. You will need to pull 3 of them back to the Cleric so she can heal them. You don't have to bring them all back at once. Attack them to get their attention and walk back to the Cleric.
- Talk to Mara again. She will send you up the path to kill huge wolves called Moraks.
- Kill 4 Morak Devourers and return to Mara'Vaen for progression to the next quest.
"The Source of Evil"
- Cleric Mara'Vaen wants you to speak with Sorcerer Oofala (+50.05, -2.54, -167.14) who can be found east of the abandoned villiage which is at the end of Dead Canyon.
- Oofala seems to think that there are evil totems that might be part of the taint spreading through the colony. Destroy 3 of these by right clicking them as you find them.
- Return to the Sorcerer. It seems that destroying the totems has angered the dark blademaster who spawns just to the west in front of the fog covered tent.
- Kill the dark blademaster and return to Sorcerer Oofala who will send you over to High Chieftan Grexx.
- You can find High Chieftan Grexx (goblin chief) (-61.05, +13.34, -163.93) on the east part of the island in the giant treehouse. You can get there by following the nearby path through the archway east.
- NOTE: There is a table near Grexx which holds a readable book. This is a clue on how to summon a triple up goo which I recommend fighting with other people because of it's level of difficulty.
- Grexx sends you to the a cave called "a dark doorway" found to the south east of the tree house. There will be fog surrounding the entrance.
- NOTE: This can be done solo comfortably at around level 7-8 otherwise it is recommended that you find a group to help you clear out the mobs in the cave.
- After destroying the mobs in the cave along with the evil Necromancer, return to Chief Grexx.
- Grexx will send you back to Murrar Shar.
- Speak to the kerra and you're done!
There are a few side quests that you can complete for other items if you so choose.
"Ebik's Missing Parts"
This is a quest that survived the old Isle and continues to bless Qeynosians with experience upon completion.
- Find and speak to Ebik Wobblecog (-92.12, -8.47, +65.20) on the north eastern beach standing in front of some abandoned crates.
- Ebik likes to talk... A LOT!... once you get through the long winded dialog, you will need to find 3 parts for Ebik. Find them, right click and examine.
- Size 7 Clunker - Just over the south edge of the bridge found east of the tree house. (+6.70, +2, -119)
- Copper Coated Springer - Under water to the southeast of Ebik Wobble cog. (-145.21, -10.37, +166.37)
- Triangel Spinner - Find this on the south end of the giant tree between the roots. (-76.63, +4.70, -153.96)
- Return to Ebik to retrieve your reward.
- There is a statue underwater in the north part of the bay. Right click the Statue of Lasydia and examine to start the quest.
- The statue is angry with razortooth sharks for some reason. Kill 5 of these.
The quest will update automatically.
- NOTE: The statue bestows the "Blessing of Lasydia" upon you which is a 15 minute water breathing spell.
This is a multipart quest taking place in the tainted forest and near the Chieftan's tree house.
- Find and talk to Deianeira (+179.04, +6.08, +112.44) standing directly across from Predator Sha'dur at the south end of the tainted forest.
- Start by killing 4 toxic crawlers (spiders) which drops a Parchment Scrap.
- Open your inventory and examine the Parchment Scrap.
- Kill more toxic crawlers until another piece of parchment is dropped.
- Examine the Parchment Scrap again.
- Go and examine the pile of rocks at the dead end where all the spiders are located. This is triggered by your proximity to the rocks. Walk close enough and a piece of parchment will appear on the ground. Right click and pick it up.
- Examine the Parchment Scrap again.
- Slay Dire Spike, a named spider once again spawned by proximity. Walk up to the rocks to get him to appear, and kill the spider.
- Return to Deianeira who sends you out to find a treant called "The Forest Keeper".
- NOTE: For those of you who don't know what a treant is, it is a mystical creature that literally looks like a tree.
"Ghosts and Goblins"
- Find and talk to "The Forest Keeper" (+125, +2, +30) on the east side of the Tainted Forest just north of the spiders.
- You will need to kill 4 ghostly saplings so that they can be reborn.
- Return to "The Forest Keeper".
- He sends you to see a Sapwill Soothsayer (-67.24, +13.45, -165.13) found by Chief Grexx in the tree house.
- The Soothsayer sends you out to get water from 3 waterfalls and 3 roots which can be harvested from any roots on the ground.
- Hope falls - East of the archway east of the abandon village. (+10, +1, -100)
- Razortooth falls - The falls on the north end of the bay. (-62.50, +1, -253)
- Sapswill falls - Northeast of the tree house by a group of Sapswill goblins. (-10.50, +1, -253)
"Dog Gone it"
Halfway up the Dead Canyon on the west side is a scout being harrassed by a number of morak devourers. Kill these devourers and help the poor scout down by right clicking him and choosing the help action.
- Speak to the scout to start the quest.
- Kill 5 morak devourers for him.
- Return to the scout.
- He'll send you to scout out the abandoned village to the north and Sapswill hill in the middle of the village.
- Return to the Scout who gives you a package as a gift to the Sapswill soothsayer.
- Speak to the soothsayer to start the next part of the quest.
"A Diplomatic Mission"
- Once you give the soothsayer the package he become quite elated. They will make you a diplomat and ask you to greet different Sapswills.
- Musician Sapswill
- Incapacitated Sapswill
- Seated Sapswill
- Active Sapswill
- Active Sapswill
- Happy Sapswill
- Guard Durg
- Guard Gonk
- Hail each Sapswill goblin to update the quest.
- NOTE: The Sapswills can be found in the tree house, by the Sapswill falls and the Guards are at the base of the giant tree house.
- Return to Chief Grexx to finish the quest. You will recieve a Diplomats Badge <neck item>.