Improved Station Launcher Releases!
The Station Launcher has been an invaluable tool for players to connect with their friends across all of the SOE games as well as organizing the games that they play. It is still in beta, but major improvements have been made to make your experiences with the Launcher even better!
A new release update of Station Launcher was launched today, Monday, February 9th. It features improvements based heavily on feedback from the Station Launcher forum - especially for the functionality around the Friends network.
Here is a rundown of what you can expect in this update:
* ÂInactiveÂ Characters Â A large number of players have reported that the Friends network contains characters that have long been abandoned. While weÂre working with the game teams to purge these from our databases, weÂve also enabled the client to mark a character as ÂInactiveÂ. An inactive character will not be logged into the Friends network nor will it be displayed on the Friends panel. This can be controlled on the ÂPreferencesÂ dialog, under the ÂFriends PrivacyÂ category.
* Context Menus on Friends panel Â You can now apply actions to characters and their friends on the Friends panel by using the right mouse-click, or ÂcontextÂ menu. For Characters, one can change the state and visibility of that character. There are also shortcuts to add or ignore a friend of that character. For friends, once can initiate a chat session, edit the label, ignore or remove the friend. You can apply most actions to multiple selected characters or friends as well. Remember, when you remove a friend within Station Launcher, you also remove them from your in-game friends list.
* Join Friend in Game Â When you find one of your friends is online in a particular game, you can select ÂJoin [friend] in [game]Â. This action will launch that game with the appropriate character/server selected.
* Server Name for Character Â When your characters are displayed in the Friends panel (on the ÂBy CharacterÂ tab), the server name will be displayed as well. This will help differentiate customers who have characters with the same name on multiple servers of a particular game.
* Server Name in ÂAdd FriendÂ Â Â The server name has also been added to the ÂAdd FriendÂ dialog.
* Improved Scanning Performance Â Before a game is launched, the Station Launcher will scan the game directory to make sure that all assets are up to date. The performance of this process has been improved.
* ÂExitÂ Menu Item Â There is a new menu item under the ÂAccountÂ menu on by the Games and Friends panel. This will allow one to completely shut down the Station Launcher application. Previously, this was only available as on the context menu of the icon in the Windows system tray (lower right corner).
* Automatic Re-Login Â There is an item on the ÂPreferencesÂ dialog (under the ÂLog-In / Log-outÂ category) that will allow one to ÂAutomatically log me inÂ. This is normally used for when the application is started. If the network is disconnected (and this setting is enabled), the application will try to re-login when connectivity is restored.
* ÂDisconnectÂ on Friends Panel Â Instead of ÂLog OutÂ, the Friends panel now has a button called ÂDisconnectÂ. This will disconnect the account from the Friends network without causing a complete Âlog outÂ for the application. This is the same as marking all characters as ÂdisconnectedÂ (in the menu at the bottom of the panel).
* Update Notes instead of ÂNewsÂ Â When you launch the Station Launcher with the ÂgameÂ command line argument (e.g. Â--game EQÂ), the Update Notes pop-out for that game will automatically open. Previously, the ÂNewsÂ pop-out would open.
* Direct to Try/Buy/Activate - When you launch the Station Launcher with a ÂgameÂ command line argument (e.g. Â--game EQÂ) to a game which you do not have a subscription, you will be automatically taken to the ÂTry/Buy/ActivateÂ screen.
* Return to Game Select - Previously, the application would always display the ÂMMOÂ tab when going to the Game Select screen, even if one was returning from a Game Update screen from the ÂStrategyÂ tab. This bug has been fixed - you will return to the correct tab.
* Support Links - The Game Support links from the Help menu have been updated so that they point to the correct address.
* Pirates of the Burning Sea - The Update Notes and support URLs have been updated for the Pirates of the Burning Sea. Arrrrrgh!
* Feedback - The ÂFeedbackÂ menu item in the Help menu points to our perpetual ÂHow are we doing?Â survey, instead of directly into the Station Launcher forum.