Ankama Sends DOFUS to iOS with DOFUS: Battles
It seems that every online game developer these days wants a piece of the mobile gaming market pie and Ankama Games is no exception. According to an Ankama press release, DOFUS: Battle launched on for the iPad and iPhone devices today. DOFUS: Battle is a mix of Tower Defense, real-time strategy and RPG. The game is based in Ankama's popular DOFUS universe and uses locations, characters, monsters and equipment that will be familiar to DOFUS players.
DOFUS: Battle is available in every country but is currently only available in French, English and Spanish languages. Check out the official press release and trailer after the break for more game details.
DOFUS: Battles available on the App Store on the 13th of May 2011
A STRATEGY GAME ON IPHONE, IPOD AND IPAD, SET IN THE DOFUS UNIVERSE
Roubaix, France 13 May 2011 DOFUS: Battles, Ankamas first iPhone and iPad game, is now available via the App Store.
In preview during the last Ankama Convention, the strategy game DOFUS: Battles will be released on the 13th of May in English, French and Spanish. However, it is available in every country. This game is a blend of Tower Defence, real-time strategy and RPG. Offering a new and original adventure in the DOFUS universe, the World of Twelve, it hence uses the locations, characters, monsters and equipments featured in the MMORPG as well as several new elements.
A FAST-PACED STRATEGY GAME, MIXED WITH RPG
Jeff Stobbs and the demon Naz T Peasawerk are becoming increasingly powerful and their aim is to take over the World of Twelve. In order to stop them, players will have to fight hordes of bloodthirsty monsters in epic battles which will put their strategy skills and reflexes to the test.
In DOFUS: Battles, the player manages an army, composed of a dragon and twelve heroes representing each of the gods from the World of Twelve. Each hero possesses his own unique spell (an offensive or a supportive spell). Their characteristics evolve as the adventure unfolds and the player has the possibility to upgrade their equipments to make them more powerful. Animakhal, the dragon invoked by the gods, has a very particular ability: by cloning heroes, he creates soldiers who can be used to fight the monsters.
IN DOFUS: BATTLES, YOU WILL FIND
- The 12 classes of the world of DOFUS and characters whose characteristics evolve during the adventure
- One main game mode featuring 28 levels
- 3 mini games:
Reflexes / dodging (10 levels)
Memory / rhythm (10 levels)
- More than 170 equipment items to personalise the heroes and make them stronger
- More than 80 different monsters coming from the world of DOFUS
- 27 different maps divided on 10 geographical areas of the World of Twelve: Incarnam, Astrub, Bonta, Brakmar, Imp Village, Bwork Camp, Otomaïs Island, Pirate Ship, the island of Frigost (South and North)
- A compatibility with the Game Center (17 achievements to unlock)
DOFUS: BATTLES COMES IN A RANGE OF 4 APPLICATIONS ON THE APP STORE:
- DOFUS: Battles Lite (Free - 480x320 - iPhone / iPod touch / iPad first 5 battles and first 8 character classes)
- DOFUS: Battles (2,39; $2,99; £l,79 ; ¥350 ; CA$ 2,99; AU$ 3,99- 480x320 - iPhone / iPod touch / iPad)
- DOFUS: Battles HD Lite (Free - 1024x768 - iPad - first 5 battles and first 8 character classes)
- DOFUS: Battles HD (4,99 ; $5,99 ; CA$ 5,99; £3,49; ¥700; AU$ 7,99 - 1024x768 - iPad)
The minimum version of iOS is the 4.0.
The official website: www.dofus-battles.com
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our DOFUS Game Page.