PAYDAY: The Heist Now Available for the PC
Sony Online Entertainment announces the official PC launch of the co-op squad-based shooter, PAYDAY: The Heist.
PAYDAY: The Heist hit the Playstation 3 in North America earlier this week and the co-op squad-based heist shooter is now available worldwide for the PC for $19.99 and is available in 5 languages - English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. The digital download version of the game can be purchased through a number of different online retailers such as Steam, Direct-to-Drive/GameFly, Amazon, GameStop/Impulse, DLGamer and GameTap.
While the PC version of PAYDAY: The Heist is now available worldwide, European Playstation 3 players will still have to wait a while longer. No release date has been set as of yet, so stay tuned and well update you when we have an official date.
SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENTS HIGHLY ANTICIPATED TITLE PAYDAYTM THE HEIST AVAILABLE NOW FOR PC SYSTEMS
SAN DIEGO Oct. 20, 2011 Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced that its high-intensity, squad-based, first person shooter PAYDAY The Heist is now available via digital download for PC systems. In PAYDAY The Heist, players take on the role of a hardened career criminal and engage in a number of high-stakes, death-defying heists in a never-ending pursuit of the ultimate score.
PAYDAY The Heist is now available worldwide for $19.99 USD via digital download on PC systems through multiple digital partners including STEAM, Direct-to-Drive/GameFly, Amazon.com, GameStop/Impulse, DLGamer and GameTap. PAYDAY The Heist will support five languages including English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. PAYDAY The Heist will support Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud as well as Stats and also has match-making and voice capabilities.
Published by SOE and developed by OVERKILL Software, PAYDAY The Heist is an online co-op shooter game that features six dynamic heists based in a variety of urban settings that demand quick thinking, strategy, and above all else, teamwork.
PAYDAY The Heist is also currently available for download on the PlayStation®Network in North America. The date for release of PAYDAY The Heist on the PlayStation®Network for European territories has yet to be announced.
- Six High-Intensity Heists: Whether youre blowing the roof off a building to extract a safe via helicopter, or emptying the vault at the First World Bank, these action-packed heists will have players on edge and always checking their six.
- Interactive Co-op Gameplay: Whether AI or live, your crew of four must operate as one to bring in the big score. Sharing extra ammo and med kits, helping regenerate wounded partners, guarding key positions, taking civilian hostages, or cracking through various security measures its all for one and one for all.
- Endless Replayability: Dynamic environments, adaptive enemy behavior,shifting entry points, FBI agents repelling through skylights on ropes, SWAT teams crashing through the windows, and special units crawling through the ventilation shafts makes each play-through of every heist a unique fight.
- Massive Character Progression Tree: Players choose a specialty assault, sharpshooter or support to gain weapons and equipment that fit their preferred form of violence. Unlock trip mines, silenced pistols, machine guns and much, much more.
- Shout Out Button: Players need to be vocal and shout commands and directions to the co-op crew, as well as hostages and the police if they want to survive to spend their cut of the take.
- Hostage Trading: Hostages can be used as lifelines. If anyone in the crew is taken into custody, trade hostages to get crewmembers back and increase the odds of completing your objectives.
- PlayStation®3 system or PC * : For keyboard and mouse marksman, as well as handheld controller snipers, PAYDAY is the uber-FPS for a high intensity shooter fix.
- More DLC: Additional heists, weapons and equipmen t means PAYDAY a digitally distributed AAA quality title for less than half the price of a retail game is total OVERKILL.
PAYDAY The Heist is rated M for Mature. Please be aware that any assets for this title may only be displayed behind an age-gate that: (1) is age-neutral (i.e., requires the user to input their date of birth or select it from a drop-down bar; (2) employs reasonable technical measures to keep underage users from re-entering their age after initially being denied access; and (3) does not display any ESRB rating information on the video player or the age-gate itself. Failure to implement these requirements may jeopardize your ability to obtain material of this nature from us in the future.
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for its blockbuster hits and franchises, including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, PlanetSide®, Free Realms®, Clone Wars Adventures, and DC Universe Online, SOE creates, develops and provides compelling online entertainment for a variety of platforms. SOE is building on its proven legacy and pioneering the future of online worlds through creative development and inspired gameplay design for audiences of all ages. To learn more, visit www.soe.com.
SOE, the SOE logo, EverQuest, Champions of Norrath and PlanetSide are registered trademarks and Untold Legends, Legends of Norrath, and Free Realms are trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
For more information about OVERKILL Software visit www.overkillsoftware.com.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our PAYDAY: The Heist Game Page.