PAYDAY: The Heist to Launch October 18th
Check out the official press release and new Slaughterhouse trailer after the break for more.
SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENTS PAYDAYTM THE HEIST TAKES THE PLAYSTATION®NETWORK HOSTAGE ON OCTOBER 18th
SAN DIEGO Oct. 11, 2011 Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) today announced that its high-intensity, squad-based, first-person shooter PAYDAY The Heist is scheduled to be available on October 18 via digital download on the PlayStation®Network. In PAYDAY The Heist, players take on the role of a hardened career criminal and engage in a number of high-stakes, death defying heists in a never-ending pursuit of the next big score.
This online co-op shooter game features six dynamic heists based in a variety of urban settings that demand quick thinking, strategy, and above all else, teamwork. Each scenario makes FPS fans prove their worth a heist is only successful with a solid trigger finger and cooperative team defenses. Players must survive constant pursuit of ever increasing numbers of law enforcement and its adaptive police tactics that allow them to continuously shift their strategies based on player actions. Players must work together to accomplish strategic tasks such as guarding key positions, keeping civilians in check, and cracking through various security measures.
Checkout PAYDAY The Heists all-new Slaughter House trailer that highlights one of the most difficult heist scenarios featured in the game:
- Six High-Intensity Heists: Whether youre blowing the roof off a building to extract a safe via helicopter, or emptying the vault at the First World Bank, these action-packed heists will have players on edge and always checking their six.
- Interactive Co-op Gameplay: Whether AI or live, your crew of four must operate as one to bring in the big score. Sharing extra ammo and med kits, helping regenerate wounded partners, guarding key positions, taking civilian hostages, or cracking through various security measures its all for one and one for all.
- Endless Replayability: Dynamic environments, adaptive enemy behavior,shifting entry points, FBI agents repelling through skylights on ropes, SWAT teams crashing through the windows, and special units crawling through the ventilation shafts makes each play-through of every heist a unique fight.
- Massive Character Progression Tree: Players choose a specialty assault, sharpshooter or support to gain weapons and equipment that fit their preferred form of violence. Unlock trip mines, silenced pistols, machine guns and much, much more.
- Shout-Out Button: Players need to be vocal and shout commands and directions to the co-op crew, as well as hostages and the police if they want to survive to spend their cut of the take.
- Hostage Trading: Hostages can be used as lifelines. If anyone in the crew is taken into custody, trade hostages to get crewmembers back and increase the odds of completing your objectives.
- PlayStation®3 system or PC * : For keyboard and mouse marksman, as well as handheld controller snipers, PAYDAY is the uber-FPS for a high intensity shooter fix. *PC release date to be announced.
- More DLC: Additional heists, weapons and equipment means PAYDAY a digitally distributed AAA quality title for less than half the price of a retail game is total OVERKILL.
PAYDAY The Heist is scheduled to be available in North America on October 18 for $19.99 USD via digital download on the PlayStation®Network. Dates for release of PAYDAY The Heist on the PlayStation®Network for European territories, as well as for the PC in both North America and Europe have yet to be announced.
For more information please visit: www.payday-theheist.com.
PAYDAY The Heist is rated M for Mature. Please be aware that any assets for this title may only be displayed behind an age-gate that: (1) is age-neutral (i.e., requires the user to input their date of birth or select it from a drop-down bar; (2) employs reasonable technical measures to keep underage users from re-entering their age after initially being denied access; and (3) does not display any ESRB rating information on the video player or the age-gate itself. Failure to implement these requirements may jeopardize your ability to obtain material of this nature from us in the future.
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for its blockbuster hits and franchises, including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, PlanetSide®, Free Realms®, Clone Wars Adventures, and DC UniverseOnline, SOE creates, develops and provides compelling online entertainment for a variety of platforms. SOE is building on its proven legacy and pioneering the future of online worlds through creative development and inspired gameplay design for audiences of all ages. To learn more, visit www.soe.com.
SOE, the SOE logo, EverQuest, Champions of Norrath and PlanetSide are registered trademarks and Untold Legends, Legends of Norrath, and Free Realms are trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
For more information about OVERKILL Software visit www.overkillsoftware.com.
PlayStationis a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our PAYDAY: The Heist Game Page.