PAYDAY: The Heist Update Enhances AI and Adds More Content
Check out the official press release after the break for more. PAYDAY: The Heist is available on PC and PlayStation 3 console.
CRIMINAL DEMANDS ARE MET IN LATEST GAME UPDATE FOR PAYDAY THE HEIST
SAN DIEGO -- April 6, 2012 -- Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) and OVERKILL Software today announced the latest game update for the high-intensity, co-op, first-person shooter PAYDAY The Heist. With a slew of new events, achievements, disguise masks and an all-new community-centric music track, this game update offers some serious ransom to hardened criminals looking for the ultimate PAYDAY.
Available today via digital download on the PlayStation®Network and PC systems, the new game update further intensifies this online co-op shooterssix dynamic heists, forcing players to rely on quick thinking and teamwork to thwart well-trained law enforcement and successfully execute new objectives and achievements. Enhanced AI capabilities, such as aggressiveness, agility and intelligence, have also been implemented.
Key features of this game update include:
- Masks of Disguise: Feeling stately?Presidential masks are now available to those players that have reached level 145. Players can grab a Golden mask when all heists are completed on OVERKILL 145+. BEEEF masks have also been added to the game, and can be picked up in the lobby.
- OVERKILL 145+: Players that have reached level 145 can now play on a new difficulty called OVERKILL 145+, which opens up the possibility for new events and achievements. It also unlocks new weapons, such as the crowbar to open doors, as well as leaderboards.
- DROP-IN: With the added in-game drop-in ability, players can set the server to allow for others to join the game mid-heist. Players can also filter players by setting server reputation and difficulty requirements.
- SWAT Tactics: The SWAT captain has trained a slew of new recruits, resulting in challenging new tactics and counter measures for players to face on each of the heists.
- Sweet Moves: Players can check out new weapon animations for the Shotgun. Law enforcers now move more tactically than ever before. Even civilians have new dance animations in the DIAMOND HEIST.
- Portrait Window Additions: Players can now see the name of the character they are currently playing in the portrait window while in game.
- Compare Worldwide: PC Players can now view statistics on how many players in the world have completed the different heists on all difficulties through the SELECT HEIST menu.
- Expanding Field of View (FoV): PC Players can now choose what FoV they want to use ranging from 60 to 100 through the advanced graphics menu.
- DIAMOND HEIST Music: For PC players, as a token of appreciation to the community, 200 of the most dedicated career criminals nicknames have been immortalized in-game. The DJ has added a new music track, doing shout-outs to 200 players in the community.
This game update is available for download at no additional cost on STEAM and on the PlayStation®Network.
For more information please visit: www.payday-theheist.com.
PAYDAY The Heist is rated M for Mature, and is now available in North America and Europe for $19.99 USD via digital download on the PlayStation®Network and PC systems. Please be aware that any assets for this title may only be displayed behind an age-gate that: (1) is age-neutral (i.e., requires the user to input their date of birth or select it from a drop-down bar; (2) employs reasonable technical measures to keep underage users from re-entering their age after initially being denied access; and (3) does not display any ESRB rating information on the video player or the age-gate itself. Failure to implement these requirements may jeopardize your ability to obtain material of this nature from us in the future.
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for its blockbuster hits and franchises, including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, PlanetSide®, Free Realms®, Clone Wars Adventures, and DC UniverseOnline, SOE creates, develops and provides compelling online entertainment for a variety of platforms. SOE is building on its proven legacy and pioneering the future of online worlds through creative development and inspired gameplay design for audiences of all ages. To learn more, visit www.soe.com.
SOE, the SOE logo, EverQuest, Champions of Norrath and PlanetSide are registered trademarks and Untold Legends, Legends of Norrath, and Free Realms are trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
For more information about OVERKILL Software visit www.overkillsoftware.com.
PlayStationis a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.