Welcome to the 16th edition of Reloading…
For everyone who ran out and bought Duke Nukem Forever, an oldie but a goodie.“Nukem ‘til they glow, then shoot them in the dark” –
Everyone can use a feel good moment to start the afternoon. Let’s go with this…
Duke Nukem Forever arrived in stores this week. I’m old enough to have been in the industry when this game first appeared in PR blurbs and I’m almost positive that we ran ads or promos for it way back in 1997.
How’s that for a long development cycle? Even Tabula Rasa (Sorry Richard) didn’t take that long and it had two false starts. I met George Broussard in the late 90s. George was a great guy, who along with Scott Miller formed Apogee Software and 3D Realms. He is also the only person I know who spelled his own name incorrectly in the credits of one of his games. So now he has two quirky pop culture feats in his vault. (Misspelled name and 14 year development on a FPS title).
World of Warcraft players are eagerly awaiting the release of content patch 4.2. I’m going to say it hits your drive on the 28th
, but that’s just rumour created by me to fill space. OK, it’s an educated guess.
The patch notes were updated on the 13th
. Here is the rundown of the changes, none of which are going to shock anyone as the patch is by my educated guesstimation home, cool and drying for release. General
- General Class Bug Fixes
- Players should no longer incorrectly receive a message stating they interrupted a spell cast when they did not.
- Actions bars will no longer briefly disappear when characters that have a stance bar enter a vehicle.Currency
- Conquest & Honor Points
- All existing Conquest Points in the Currency tab have been converted to Honor Points. Any points above the Honor Point cap must be spent withinthe next week before Season 10 starts. Once Season 10 begins, all Honor Points exceeding the 4,000 point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point and mailed to characters.Dungeon & Raid Bug Fixes
- Bosses are now immune to the shrinking effect from Gnomish Shrink Ray.
- The achievement Aberrant Behavior should no longer incorrectly reset its kill tracking during the Maloriak encounter in Blackwing Descent.
- Anshal's Soothing Breeze should no longer cause combat pets to behave erratically in Throne of the Four Winds.
- Raid Marker icons are now visible in all phases of boss encounters.
- Applicable Tier 11 items now cost Justice Points
- Applicable Season 9 items now cost Honor Points
- The Blizzard Launcher now utilizes Universal Plug and Play for port configuration. If your router supports UPnP it will automatically open the ports that it requires and your downloads will be unrestricted.
The big deal is really your honor and justice points. Don’t blow over the cap (of 4000) or you’ll lose out. Spend what you can and if you still need Valor or Conquest gear then try to stay as close to 4,000 as you can.
Are you excited about the new content, raids, etc. in Patch 4.2? The full patch notes can be read here
Share your thoughts
on patch 4.2, Duke Nukem Forever or whatever tickles your fancy. Just don’t be too fancy.