Runes of Magic Launches Chapter V: Fires of Shadowforge Update
Check out the official press release after the break and the Chapter V: Fires of Shadowforge patch notes for all the latest changes and new content.
FROGSTER IGNITES RUNES OF MAGIC WITH FIRES OF SHADOWFORGE
'Runes of Magic: Chapter V - Fires of Shadowforge' Officially Starts Today
BERLIN, Germany - June 12, 2012 - It's finally here: the Fires of Shadowforge have been lit! Frogster today opened the gates to the fifth chapter of its successful fantasy MMO, Runes of Magic. Fires of Shadowforge introduces a new race to the online role-playing game, the Shadowforge Dwarves. Two new classes have also entered the world of Taborea -- the Champion and the Warlock -- both exclusive to the Dwarven race.
In addition to the new races, a new continent, Kolydia, has also appeared on the map, offering players exciting regions and challenging dungeons. The latest version of the Runes of Magic client is available for free download on the official website, www.runesofmagic.com. Those who already have the client will receive the update automatically the next time they start the game.
An impressive cinematic trailer reveals the story of the long dormant Shadowforge Dwarves:
What's New in Chapter V:
- Level cap raised to 72
- Two new zones with new dungeons
- New playable race: Shadowforge Dwarves
- Two new classes: Champion and Warlock
- Equipment swap button for the third class
- Adjustments to the Battlefields
- 12 Zodiac Pets (activated monthly, with upgrade leveling)
- Adjustment to the level curve
- Varanas Nightmare now a PvE zone
Planned Future Additions to Chapter V:
- Level cap of 77
- Additional action bars in the interface
- New guild buildings and skins
- World Bosses adjusted and connected to the crafting system
- New elite skills for all classes
- New dungeons
- New areas
- Three new battlegrounds
- Introduction of a guild instance
- Improvements to the profession system
For the latest info on the game, check out our official website: www.runesofmagic.com
Runes of Magic - A world full of magic and adventure
Runes of Magic has redefined the standard for free-to-play MMORPGs with its wide range of features. The online role-play game is based on an exciting, multi-layered story, driven by more than 4,500 quests set in the atmospheric fantasy world of Taborea, which spreads over two continents. Players choose one of eight classes, which they can combine with a secondary and third class. Each class combination has individually assigned elite skills. Runes of Magic offers two races to choose between, the elves and the humans, which can be customized using the wide selection of available physical characteristics. A large range of furniture and other functional items lets players furnish and customize their own virtual homes. In guilds, groups of players can construct their own guild castles, which may then be expanded with additional buildings and powerful siege engines allowing them to go head-to-head in absorbing guild wars. Thanks to comprehensive crafting and ranking systems, gripping player vs. player features such as arenas and open battlefields, flexible and extensive customization of the user interface, a selection of demanding dungeons, and many other features, Runes of Magic, has something for everyone. So far Runes of Magic has attracted over 4 million registered users making it one of the most popular and successful free-to-play MMORPGs on the market.
Runes of Magic Features
- Multi class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
- Gripping player-versus-player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Guilds can set themselves against each other in formidable guild wars
- In-depth story experienced through above 2,800 quests laced with epic quest-lines
- Easy travel using portals and a wide range of mounts
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 players
- Dual difficulty levels in the most challenging dungeons
- Entertaining mini-games for single players and guilds alike
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Versatile role play elements including a marriage system
- Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
About Runewaker Entertainment Ltd.
Runewaker Entertainment was founded in August of 2004, with headquarters located in Taichung, Taiwan. The founding members were all very experienced in the field and decided to come together to pursue their dream. Currently Runewaker employs over 100 highly skilled programmers, designers and artists and is constantly expanding. Runewaker specializes in making massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG). The company has built their own engine from scratch,which rivals some of the best available on the market. Runewaker is constantly producing more content for Runes of Magic. Internet: www.runewaker.com
Frogster - We take you to a new world!
The Berlin based Frogster Interactive Pictures AG, listed on the stock exchange, has focused on the growth sector of massively multiplayer online games (MMOGs) at an early stage,= already. The company licenses, markets and operates its virtual worlds for millions of players in Europe, Asia and North America. In Europe its subsidiary Frogster Online Gaming GmbH is taking care of the operating business of the Frogster group. Founded in 2006 and based in Seoul, the Korean joint venture Frogster Asia Co. Ltd. markets and operates virtual worlds in Asia. Frogster America Inc., based in San Francisco, was founded in January of 2009 and markets and operates MMO games in North America. At their offices in Berlin, Seoul and San Francisco, the Frogster group employs more than 200 staff members in the fields of game development, licensing, IT, web design and web development, product management, marketing, PR, web publishing, community management, customer support, hosting, sales, billing and finance/administration. In the year 2008, Frogster won the "Landmark in the Land of Ideas", a competition under the patronage of the German President. Additional information is available at: www.frogster.de
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Runes of Magic Game Page.