Torchlight is an online action RPG developed by Runic Games and published by Perfect World Entertainment. The game is modeled after the popular Blizzard game, Diablo-style game mechanic.
A sequel to Torchlight is currently in development with Torchlight II that will include multiplayer gameplay. Runic games has also announced that a Torchlight MMORPG is planned for the future.
* Randomization – Level layouts are randomly created, so each adventure is unique. Monsters, treasures, puzzles, and items are also different each time you embark on an adventure.
* Easy, approachable interface – Torchlight is designed to be easy to play right from the beginning. The intuitive interface gives players easy access to a rich and varied world.
* Retirement System – Once characters are sufficiently leveled up, they can “retire” and bestow specific benefits and perks to new characters.
* Pets – Players will choose a pet to accompany them. Pets can level up along with the player, and will help in battle, carry items, and perform a variety of helpful services.
* Character Classes – Players will create and customize a character and choose an animal companion. Through cosmetic choices, skill path decisions, and the treasures they acquire, each character will be custom-tailored and different.
* Fishing – Players can take a break from the high-energy pace of adventuring to visit one of the fishing holes and relax and see what they can catch. Fish have interesting benefits for the player and pet, and other rewards can also be discovered
* Included Editor – Runic Games is embracing our modding community by including an editor so our players can create and design their own content.