My EQLive Ranger was a bloodied elf, but I guess Blizzard is talking about a different kind of Blood Elf
Blizzard's official site coverage of the just-announced World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade features pics, information on new epic weapons, crafting and enchanting updates, and of course the introduction of the Blood Elves race for the Horde and the raising of the level cap to 70.
- New Player Races: New allies will join the game, expanding the story line and allowing players to develop powerful new characters within the world.
- Higher Level Limit: The game’s level cap is being raised to 70, and every new level will offer meaningful spell, ability, and talent upgrades for each character class.
- New Lands and Battlegrounds: Explore the magical realms of the Blood Elves, journey through the Dark Portal into untamed Outland, and visit dungeons and battlefields previously inaccessible to players.
- Flying Mounts: In Outland, players will gain access to unique airborne mounts that will allow for smoother travel over some of that region’s more hazardous terrain.
- Jewelcrafting, Socketable Items, and More: Crafters will be pleased to know that the expansion adds an all-new profession to the game: Jewelcrafting. With Jewelcrafting comes the advent of socketable items in World of Warcraft, which will give players additional variety in how they can customize their gear. In addition, existing professions will be enhanced to take advantage of the increased character-level limit.
- New Quests, New Monsters, and New Challenges: As the boundaries of World of Warcraft are stretched farther than ever before, there will be exciting new quests for players to undertake and new monsters to confront. And with greater challenges come greater rewards….
Read the World of Warcraft expansion press release, enjoy official BlizzCon coverage, or bask in the new World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade expansion site.