Divergence Online is a science fiction massively multiplayer online game in development by Stainglass Llama. The game has several races to choose from.
* The Alduan, a human-like race that live on an Eden-like planet orbiting the same star as the Lokri world. Intelligent life on Aldulan evolved from marine mammals, rather than land based creatures. This race still carries features symbolic of aquatic life. They are described by human settlers as a cross between horses and dolphins.
* Humans, also called Terrans, seek only the progression of their race and have progressed technologically faster than many others, a trait shared with the Lokri.
* The Lokri, a race with incredible psychic abilities, are often mistaken for humans and are said to embody the best and worst of humanity, multiplied by five.
* The Synthetic are an artificially created race that exhibit free thought. Each Synthetic is classified based on the individually chosen ego. This can be as a Combat, Military or Android Synthetic.
* The Verrator, or Veli, one of the oldest known sentient races in the universe, melded themselves with the VK suit technology to save their race.
* The Vindicator's are one of the oldest sentient races in the universe. When faced with the destruction of their civilization, this group was forced to decide to accept their fate, or fight for survival. They chose to abandon their pacifistic ideals and entered into a Faustian pact with an even older race. The deal gave the Veli technology what would be used to meld flesh with machine and became known as the VK suit.
* These races make up the universe of Divergence Online.
Divergence Online is considered a hardcore game and will contain hardcore PvP. What this means is that it will have very few PvP rules. Any player can attack any other player at any place and time.