En Masse Entertainment has released a new head start patch for TERA
that addresses a number of bugs and makes some further adjustments to the game. A few of TERA’s
head start changes include the addition of new hair color options for humans, castanics, elins and high elves, modification to alkahests used in enchantments, the removal of Destiny and Lucky Eggs and more. Check out all the full list of patch notes below.
TERA’s NA head start will kick off tomorrow and go head to head with Guild Wars 2’s first Beta Weekend. What will you be playing?
If you’re looking to get a quick edge for the TERA head start, be sure to check out Stow’s 10 Tips for New Players in TERA.
Source: TERA Head Start Patch Notes
- Added additional hair colors to the following races:
- Humans: red, orange, yellow, green, blue
- Castanics: red, orange, yellow, green (Castanics are never blue.)
- Elins: red
- High Elves: red, orange, green, blue
- Modified the alkahests used in item enchantment. Unique alkahests are used for specific tiers of enchantment.
- +1 to +6: Alkahest (sold by merchants)
- +7 to +9: Refined Alkahest (sold by specialty stores)
- +10 to +12: Masterwork Alkahest (sold by specialty stores)
- Removed the inter-server party-matching buff, the Valkyon’s Response reward, and the Rescue Supplies. Grouping is its own reward.
- Destiny Eggs and Lucky Eggs have been removed as quest rewards. The eggs were the primary source of combat consumables until the alchemy crafting system was complete. Any eggs earned in the Open Beta Test will still be there.
- Gula Skinners in the Hungry Caverns no longer spawn minions because that’s not how they roll.
- Items from Balder’s Temple and the Fane of Kaprima are now visible via smart search.
- Deleted the unnecessary “Subscription Information” menu from the main menu.
- Fixed a bug where certain surfaces appeared to flash, glow, or appear dark. We don’t want any flashing in TERA.
- Fixed a bug where channels on the Island of Dawn increase infinitely.
- Fixed a bug where guild-versus-guild battles could not be declared on guilds with names longer than 32 characters. Your awkward battle cries will save you no longer.