Death Knight Leveling Page
Death Knight Leveling Overview
Let’s face it…leveling has become a bit of a joke. Basically no matter what spec you pick, or what you choose to throw at a mob, it will eventually fall before your feet. You culd almost get to level 85 by simply rolling your face on the keyboard. Of course there will be oopsies along the way, but overall leveling is a simple (although sometimes tedious) process.
So knowing this it will be tempting to simply sleep through the leveling process. I urge you to reconsider and instead make leveling a productive experience. I know, I know, its monotonous at times and your eyes may begin to bleed, but let me assure you, leveling can serve a higher purpose.
With the right attitude you can make leveling a task that will not only benefit you but also your future group members. Instead of tuning out while leveling, tune in and take this time to learn the basics of how to play your class. Experiment with your spells, learn your limitations, and if you feel up to it take part in PvP or instances to further hone your skills.
Death Knight Tips and Tricks
- Always end your adventures by logging off in an inn or major city.
- Search the Auction House or get a good friend to donate some larger bags for your to equip. Six slot bags fill up faster than you can imagine.
- While it may be tempting, refrain from purchasing to much gear from the Auction House. The gear from quests, instances, and even PvP are more than enough to get you to level 85.
- First Aid should be trained no matter what class you are currently playing. It may save your life.
- Be sure to train your first mount at level 20, a 60% increase in speed makes traveling around the world a little less tiring.
- Often times quests can be completed alongside other quests. Choose a quest then check your map to see if any other quests can be completed nearby. Complete this clump of quests before heading back to turn them in.
- Remember, Death Knights never have to have the annoyance of being slowed down by swimming. Make use of your Path of Frost ability to allow yourself and your party or raid members to walk (even while mounted) across the water instead.
Death Knight Leveling Locations
One of the main questions players tend to have is what zone should I level in? Thankfully Blizzard has made this question a little easier to answer, with breadcrumb quests leading players onward to the next zone in line with ease. However, these quests can be missed, or may not be available for whatever reason. So if you find yourself questioning where you need to be check out our Where to Adventure guide to get your answers!
Death Knight Leveling Milestones
- Level 50 - Death Knight Starting Level
- Level 55 - Summon Acherus Deathcharger, Able to Open Death Gate, Frost Presence Available, Runeforging Avaiable, Rune of Cinderglacier, Rune of Razorice
- Level 56 - Raise Dead Available
- Level 57 - Blood Presence Available, Rune of Spellbreaking, Rune of Spellshattering
- Level 58 - Enter Outlands
- Level 60 - Train Expert Riding, Purchase First Flying Mount, Rune of Lichbane
- Level 61 - Able to use Path of Frost
- Level 63 - Rune of Swordbreaking, Rune of Swordshattering
- Level 65 - Horn of Winter Available
- Level 68 - Train Cold Weather Flying
- Level 70 - Train Artisan Riding, Unholy Presence Available, Rune of the Fallen Crusader
- Level 72 - Able to Raise Ally, Rune of the Nerubian Carapace, Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle
- Level 80 - Train Master Riding, Journey to Vash’ir or Mount Hyjal, Benefit from Mastery
- Level 85 - Max Level! Congratulations!