Mage Leveling Page
Mage Leveling Overview
Let’s face it…leveling has become a bit of a joke. Basically no matter what spec you pick, or what spells you choose to throw at the mobs, enemies will inevitably fall in piles before your feet. You could almost get to level 85 by simply rolling your face on the keyboard. Of course there will be slip ups and a few deaths along the way, but overall leveling is a simple (if not tedious) process.
As tempting as it might be I must urge you NOT to sleep through the leveling process. I know it’s monotonous and at times it may feel like your eyes may bleed, but let me assure you, leveling can serve a higher purpose!
With the right attitude you can make leveling a positive experience for both you and your future group members. Instead of tuning out, tune in and take this time to learn the basics of how to play your class. Try out different spells, learn your limitations, and if you feel up to it; take part in PvP and instances to help hone your playing skills.
Mage Leveling Tips & Tricks
- Always end your adventures by logging off in an inn or a major city. Rested experience is good mmkay.
- Search the Auction House or get a good friend to donate some larger bags for you to equip. 6 slot bags fill up faster than you think possible.
- Buying gear from the Auction House can be tempting, but save your money. The gear you can obtain from quests, instances or PvP will be more than enough to get you to level 85.
- First Aid should be trained no matter what class you are currently playing.
- Be sure to head back to town at level 20 to get your first mount, a 60% increase in speed makes traveling a little less tedious.
- Often times some quests can be completed alongside other quests. Choose a quest then check your map to see if nay other quests can be completed nearby. Complete this clump of quests before heading back to town to turn them in.
- If you need to use a slower casting spell, use it to pull the mob, instead of trying to cast it while it is already attacking.
- If you pull multiple targets don’t forget to use one of your many crowd control spells such as Polymorph or Frost Nova.
- Always keep food and water on hand, minus the loss of some mana it is free for Mages!
- When in town, stock up on the reagents to use your teleport and portal spells, you never know when you will need to use them.
Mage Leveling Locations
One of the main questions players tend to have is what zone should I level in? Thankfully Blizzard has made this question a little easier to answer, with breadcrumb quests leading players onward to the next zone in line. However, these quests can be missed, or may not be available. So if you find yourself questioning where you need to be check out our guide on Where to Adventure.
Warlock Leveling Milestones
- Level 5 - Choose Professions, Life Tap Available
- Level 8 - Able to use Frost Nova
- Level 9 - Create Healthstone
- Level 10 - Select Talent Tree, PvP Battlegrounds Open
- Level 12 - Evovation Available
- Level 14 - Able to cast Polymorph
- Level 15 - Dungeon Finder Available
- Level 16 - Blink Available
- Level 20 - Train and Obtain First Mount, Summon Succubus
- Level 24 - Able to Teleport to most locations
- Level 30 - Remove Curse
- Level 32 - Slow Fall
- Level 38 - Conjure Refreshment
- Level 40 - Train Journeyman Riding
- Level 42 - Can cast Portals to most locations
- Level 48 - Conjure Mana Gem
- Level 52 - Teleport/Portal to Stonard
- Level 58 - Able to Enter Outlands, Arcane Brilliance
- Level 60 - Train Expert Riding, Purchase First Flying Mount
- Level 62 - Teleport: Shattrath
- Level 66 - Portal: Shattrath
- Level 68 - Train Cold Weather Flying
- Level 70 - Train Artisan Riding
- Level 71 - Teleport: Dalaran
- Level 74 - Portal: Dalaran
- Level 76 - Can cast Ritual of Refreshment
- Level 78 - Invisibility
- Level 80 - Train Master Riding, Journey to Vash’ir or Mount Hyjal, Benefit from Mastery
- Level 85 - Portal/Teleport Tol'Barad, Time Warp, Max Level! Congratulations!