MoP Gathering Guide
Where to go for all your gathering profession needs in Mists of Pandaria.
You shouldn't spend hours flying around the new continent of Pandaria trying to find the new herbs, leather, and ore in World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria when you can find all the info you need right here on Ten Ton Hammer. Weve compiled a complete list of all the new gathering profession resources by zone, along with an ever-expanding list of tips on the best locations to find them.
Below you'll find complete reference charts for Herbalism, Mining, and Skinning, and don't forget to check out our Profession portal for complete guides to each of the primary and secondary professions in the game.
Important Note: Something to keep in mind with these charts is that they show the most common places for the items to be found. It does not mean that you can not find them in another zone that is not listed, but the odds are much lower and therefore you should not focus on zones not listed for an item.
Herb Gathering in Pandaria
- Silkweed, Fool's Cap, and Rain Poppy are found near water in the zones listed, so check along the shore lines.
- Green Tea Leaf is found in grassy open areas in every zone in the expansion.
- Sha-Touched Herbs are found in areas that are corrupted by the Sha so check in those areas for it. They are much the same as the Frozen Herbs from the Wrath of the Lich King expansion in that they grant random herbs and can give any herb found in the expansion.
- Golden Lotus are the rare spawn herb for the expansion and can be found in any zone. In addition they provide a buff to your treasure finding ability for 15 minutes after you pick them.
Mining in Pandaria
- Rich Deposits of all three mined materials can be found in the various zones listed for the base deposits. They are rare spawns and grant much more of the element than the normal deposits. When you spot a rich deposit you should ignore any other deposits on your mini-map and make a beeline for the rich one before someone else spots it.
- Trillium will grant either White Trillium Ore or Black Trillium Ore randomly. You will need to collect two of each to be able to smelt Trillium bars from it.
- Kyparite can be found at the base of the Kyparite trees in the two zones listed. While it is not smelted for bars, it is critical for blacksmithing and engineering as it can be used to trade for plans and in the creation of high end plans.
Skinning in Pandaria
- As is the case in every expansion so far skinners have it just about the easiest of all gathering professions in Mists of Pandaria. Not only can the key Exotic Leather be found in all zones, but you can also find Prismatic Scales in all zones from any reptile or turtle you find. You can also combine lower level 5 Sha-Touched Leather to create the higher level Exotic Leather you need.
- The rare leather called Magnificent Hide
can be found from any skinnable mob, but is a very rare spawn. You can also create it by combining 50 Exotic Leather.
There are many add-ons out there that either help you find resources, track where you have found it, or manage what you have gathered. You can find add-ons for resources and many other things through Spark over at WorldofAddons.com. One such add-on that I highly recommend is Gatherer.
Have a gathering tip you'd like to share, or additional information on the best places to find the new materials in Mists of Pandaria? Let us know right here in Ten Ton Hammer's World of Warcraft community forums!
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our World of Warcraft Game Page.