World of Warcraft: Weekly News Roundup - 13th May 2011
WORLD OF WARCRAFT NEWS AND COMMUNITY EVENTS
This week, World of Warcraft has been dominated by boss testing on the 4.2 PTR and the announcement that subscriber levels dropped by 600,000. Thats a massive decrease and many players are jumping on the bandwagon that the drop is solely because of Cataclysm. However, its worth remembering that these numbers will fluctuate, especially when other major MMOs are released.
The Top Official News Stories This Week
- Arena Pass 2011 - PvPers, your time is coming! Blizzard has announced this years arena season is coming so check out the phase information and sign up for the chance to win prizes and your own gladiator Murloc!
- Blizzard Reveals Two New Firelands Bosses - Were all loving Blizzards decision to be more open about the game, announcing stuff themselves rather than waiting on dataminers. This week they announced two more bosses - Baleroc The Gatekeeper and the hideous Lord Rhyolith.
- Blizzard Unveils New Tier 12 Armor - You want Tier 12, I want Tier 12 and Blizzard is giving it to us, revealing new armor sets as well as the set bonuses we can look forward to.
Awesome Stuff Created by the WoW Community
- The Daily Blink seem to be on a movie kick this week as theyve created posters for three up-coming Azerothian epics: Captain Alliance, Thrall: Courage is Immortal and Iron Dwarf!
- WoW, Eh? goes from strength to strength, with another stand-alone comic, this time focusing on a public service announcement. G.A.N.K is definitely a service Id use if I was in Cadistras shoes!
- Taking on the classic PC versus Mac ads from Apple is internet sensation Gigi with a WoW versus RIFT parody. Its funny and it looks good too!