World of Warcraft: Weekly News Roundup - 5th May 2011
WORLD OF WARCRAFT NEWS AND COMMUNITY EVENTS
Its been a busy week in the World of Warcraft. Blizzard has opened the 4.2 floodgates and info from Rage of the Firelands just keeps on coming. Lets take a look at that and all the other news to come out of Azeroth in the last seven days.
The Top Official News Stories This Week
- 4.2 PTR Patch Notes - Keeping their promise, Blizzard posted a round up of all the previously revealed info as well as a set of early patch notes.
- Blizzard Releases Japan Relief Cenarion Hatchling Pet
- We all love companion pets and its even better when the proceeds go to a good cause. You get an awesome pet and that fuzzy feeling which comes from doing something charitable. Blizzard has released a Cenarion Hippogryph for $10/10, the proceeds of which are going to help relief efforts in Japan.
- Blizzard Clarifies Dungeon Journal - For many, the Dungeon Journal is a really cool new feature coming in 4.2 but a lot of people seem to think its going to replace all those online strategy sites were prone to using like, say TTH. Dont worry, it wont. Check out the lowdown from Blue Kaivax for all the juicy details.
- Blizzard Releases World Wish Day Video - To celebrate World Wish Day, Blizzard invited some very special children and their families to Irvine to get a behind the scenes look at the processes behind making WoW. They also announced that have donated a whopping $800,000 to Make-A-Wish from sales of the adorable Moonkin Hatchling. Awww.
- Blizzard Announces 2011 Arena Pass
- PvPers rejoice, Blizzard has announced the next Arena Pass is now available. As with previous years you can customise a level 85 toon with all the best gear then play with your friends for a chance to win uber things like a murloc companion pet. Awesome.
- Blizzard Reveals Tier 12 Sets - Tier armor is always cool, this is the stuff were going to be spending months collecting and - hopefully - even longer wearing it. Blizzard has revealed the Tier 12 sets for Paladins, Mages, Rogues, Hunter, Death Knights, Priests and actually theyre rather cool.
- Blizzard Updates Trading Card Game Gallery - Its no secret that the TCG has some awesome artwork and Blizzard has continued to update the newest gallery on the community site, this time with eleven awesome images.
- Blizzard Celebrates One Million Facebook Likes - Yes, as if we didnt need reminding, social networking is cool and Blizzard has rewarded everyone with a Samwise Didier-created IP-themed wallpaper celebrating the face a million people have liked their Blizzard Facebook page.
Awesome Stuff Created by the WoW Community
- The Daily Blink are back from their stint as test subjects at Aperture Science. This time poking fun at the return of Crowd Control and that legendary staff. Check out The Future of Crowd Control and Legendary Drama!
- New Warcraft Fan Art - This week, the Blizzard Fan Art Section on the official site has been updated with eight new pieces of fan artwork set within the Warcraft universe. As usual there are some gorgeous images in this batch, so be sure to check 'em out!
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our World of Warcraft Game Page.