Aion 3.5 Launches in October
Aion: Ascension is soaring past its three-year anniversary marker this month and NCsoft has kicked off the festivities early this week with new in-game events and challenges culminating in a fight with the dragon lord, Tiamat. The events are part of the upcoming 3.5 update scheduled to launch this October. The 3.5 update will bring to a close the current chapter of lore in Aion that has been developing over the last three years. Starting this week, players can undertake a number of themed missions celebrating the third anniversary with more to come in the 3.5 update such as new dimensional vortexes, the fast track server, the DaevaÂs Day celebration, TiamatÂs Stronghold and more.
You can sign up to play for free on the Aion website.
Celebrate Aion: AscensionÂs Third Anniversary with Aion 3.5, the Most Exciting Content Lineup for Aion Players Anywhere
Seattle, WA Â September 17, 2012 Â NCsoftÂ®, the worldÂs premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games (MMOs), kicked off the celebration of Aion: AscensionÂs third anniversary today with themed missions, events and challenges all culminating in a fight with the mighty Dragon Lord, Tiamat, as part of the content coming the latest free update to the game, slated to arrive this October. Packed with new features and challenging content, Aion 3.5 provides players with the opportunity complete the current chapter of lore that has been three years in the making.
Starting this week, players of NCsoftÂs Aion: Ascension will be able to participate in a variety of new thematic missions celebrating AionÂs third anniversary such as Shine On! DaevaÂs candles where players can collect the Aether Flames to light the magical candle atop the giant Aion third anniversary cake.Â Â Other features that players can look forward to with the release of Aion 3.5 include:Â
- Tiamat Stronghold: The most challenging content in Aion: Ascension to date, TiamatÂs Stronghold is only available to those Daevas who have truly earned it. TiamatÂs defeat is the final chapter in the game-spanning Dragon LordsÂ saga.
- Dimensional Vortexes: New dimensions with valuable objectives, these vortexes offer players a new way to raid and PvP
- Daeva for DaevaÂs Day: DaevaÂs Day is the celebration for existing Daevas, but also a day of hope for humans who have not ascended.Â On this day, many humans leave their normal lives to seek out adventure in hopes of being recognized by Aion and ascending to immortality.Â New and existing players alike receive special gifts on this day!
- Fast Track Server: Those who are new to Aion: Ascension can now easily catch up to their friends thanks to the Fast Track server which will allow players to level up twice as fast, before making the switch to a regular server to tackle the challenging end game content.
- And More: Players can look forward to new housing options and community features, a higher legion level cap with new legion quests, new mounts, new arenas a special mystery surprise only for Aion: Ascension fans at the end of the celebration. Â
AionÂs third anniversary in-game events will begin September 19 and continue through October with the launch of Aion 3.5. Thanks to Aion: AscensionÂs Truly Free business model, which allows players to enjoy the entirety of the game completely for free, all of this content will be available to anyone who downloads the game from NCsoft. More information about Aion can be found at http://na.aiononline.com/
NCsoft, headquartered in Seoul, Korea, is the world's premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games, including the critically acclaimed AionÂ®, LineageÂ®, Guild WarsÂ® and WildStarÂ franchises. NCsoft West is a division of NCsoft that holds operating responsibilities for North America, Europe, South America, and Australia/New Zealand. More information can be found at http://www.ncsoft.com.
# # #