Netmarble Celebrate St. Patricks Day with UWO and D187 Updates
The St. Patricks Day celebration is spilling over into Netmarble titles this week with a pair of new updates. First up, Uncharted Waters Online has received the new Zipang update, which will allow players to explore new destinations and ports in Japan. Visit the Zipang update page for more details.
Not to be outdone, District 187 has also received a new update with Silence is Golden. The update adds the new AWM Sniper Rifle and M4A1 assault rifle, both come with or without the option of silencers and a shiny gold plated appearance, which probably wont do much to help stealthy players. The update also includes a number of other weapons. And those new weapons will come in handy too as the war with S.W.A.T. spills over into the formerly tranquil Work Site area.
Players will also find some new characters and additional costumes available. Check out the patch notes for all the details.
In addition to the new updates, Netmarble is also kicking off a 20% bonus to Netmarble Cash promotion that will run through March 26th. At the end of the promotion, a few players will be selected to win bonus Netmarble Cash to the tune of 100,000 for one first place winner, 50,000 for two second place, and 10,000 for 10 third place winners.
Netmarble Celebrates St. Patrick's Day With Bonus Netmarble Cash, New Content for Popular Titles
A Handful of Lucky Uncharted Waters Online and District 187 Players Will Receive a Pot of Netmarble Cash
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - March14, 2013 - Just in time for St. Patrick's Day, Netmarble is bringing fans all new content for two of its most popular games and kicking off a Netmarble Cash promotion. Uncharted Waters Online(UWO), the strategic massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) for PC, is adding all-new cities to explore in historic Japan. At the same time, Netmarble's first-person shooter District 187: Sin Streets (D187) introduces new in-game items and characters as players battle it out on the streets. Finally, starting March 13 and continuing through March 26, Netmarble is giving away Netmarble Cash (NC) to some very lucky players.
The Uncharted Waters Online Zipang update takes players on a quest to discover the truth about the legend of Golden Island, as described by Marco Polo. Players can immerse themselves in the history of 15th century Japan as they sail the high seas. New content also includes:
- New Destinations to Explore - The Zipang update adds new ports and cities - Edo, Sakai and Nagasaki - providing players new opportunities for exploration and trade.
- Feel the Chill in Azuchi Castle - Players can step into Azuchi Castle to discover historic artifacts that will come in handy while exploring the Golden Island.
- Explore, Fight and Love - The Zipang update offers all new items (sake, soba, even a katana) and new ships promise to make adventures in the unknown seas more fruitful. Last but not least, the update improves the combat system and romantic relationships in the game to provide a deeper RPG experience.
Uncharted Waters Online is a tactical MMORPG set during the "Age of Exploration," a historic era when opportunities to accumulate wealth and power were abundant. The game offers an open-world experience filled with opportunities to explore, trade and battle, in addition to quests beyond that of an ordinary online game. Since its global service launch in October 2010, Uncharted Waters Online has grown into the leading maritime MMORPG.
Action fans should check their six in D187 and scope out the new content in the "Silence is Golden" update. Newly introduced features include:
- Silence is Golden, literally - The update introduces the AWM 300 sniper rifle and M4A1 assault rifle, both with and without silencers and blinged out in full gold-plate. Netmarble also adds two new cut-throat pistols and four deadly melee weapons to help survive the game's fast-paced combat.
- The War Spills Over -The war between the gangs and S.W.A.T. team makes its way to a formerly tranquil part of the town, "Work Site." Players should load out and prepare for a fight for their lives.
- New Characters and Costumes - The update adds two new characters: Besnik, a tattooed thug recruited by the gangs; and Baraz, a refugee of the civil war with a desire to restore peace in District 187. In addition, players can sport a new haircut, a police vest or sleek black slacks on the S.W.A.T team, and new short cornrows and urban-inspired gear on side of the gangs. The new characters and costumes will make any player an icon in the game and the envy of other players.
District 187: Sin Streets is set at a time after an economic collapse and during an intense power struggle between vigilante S.W.A.T. team members and gangs. D187places players right in the heart of the action as both sides shed blood to take over the streets and fight to gain control of the city. Featuring its signature "Quick 187" turn, District 187 has something for everybody. Grab a gun and get into the action for free by visiting the game's official website.
In addition to the game updates, Netmarble is celebrating St. Patrick's Day by providing a 20 percent bonus for all Netmarble Cash (NC) purchases starting March 13 and continuing through March 26 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. At the end of the event, Netmarble will select a few lucky winners to reward with even more bonus cash: One lucky winner will receive 100,000 NC, two people will receive 50,000 NC winners and 10 people will receive 10,000 NC.
Additional details for each game update can be found here:
The global online gaming portal hosts a number of massively multiplayer online games including District 187 and Uncharted Waters Online. Focused on releasing compelling online games for PC and mobile systems, Netmarble.com is a leader in the free-to-play industry and continues to expand with regular offerings of new games.
About CJ Games Global
Established in 2012, CJ Games Global is the U.S. subsidiary of CJ E&M Game Division. CJ E&M is Asia's No.1 media and entertainment company, offering various media content and platforms, including motion pictures, broadcasting, music, performances and games. Supported by its development studios in Korea, CJ Games Global aims to publish online games for PC and mobile devices in North America, South America and Europe. The company services its players through its game portal, www.netmarble.com.
# # #