Guild Wars 2 Brings Back the Super Adventure Box
ArenaNetÂs April FoolsÂ Day joke turned new game mode is making a return with Guild Wars 2Âs (GW2) next weekÂs update on Tuesday, September 3rd. The new and improved 8-bit inspired Super Adventure Box content will include new zones as players travel deeper into World 2, the new difficulty Tribulation Mode, and new cosmetic and Super Weapon Set rewards.
Guild Wars 2Â® Super Adventure Box Returns
Fan-favorite dungeon offers players more retro-style fun in latest content update
BELLEVUE, Wash. Â Aug. 27, 2013: ArenaNet today announced the return of Super Adventure Box, the wildly popular, 8-bit-inspired dungeon, to Guild Wars 2 starting Sept. 3. The new and improved version of this Âgame within a gameÂ offers more zones, modes and rewards, and will go live with Guild Wars 2Âs next update, continuing ArenaNetÂs pattern of delivering players exciting new content every two weeks, a pace unparalleled by Western competitors.
Super Adventure Box originated as an April FoolsÂ Day joke earlier this year, but quickly became a fan favorite with its pixelated 3D graphics, retro music and nostalgic gameplay that stirred memories of video games from yesteryear. Designed in-game by Moto, a crafty asura, to be a virtual reality simulator to educate the younger generation, Super Adventure Box will take players back to school with new and more difficult challenges.
Players can get an early look at the update by joining a livestream with ArenaNet developers on Tuesday, Sept. 3, at noon (PDT) on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2.
Among the events, rewards and features that will be included are the following:
- Continued Education: Players can continue their studies by going deeper into World 2, traveling through the Rapids, Pain Cliffs and Storm Top, where theyÂll meet their lethal final exam in the form of the Storm Wizard. Unlocking new items and upgrades along the way will be the key to getting ahead.
- Tribulation Mode: MotoÂs newest challenge teaches resilience and non-linear thinking. Players will learn that life isnÂt easy in this new, ridiculously difficult mode for all zones in Worlds 1 and 2.
Â New Rewards
- Super Weapon Set: Players can acquire a stylish new look for their weapons by trading in Bauble Bubbles to earn the rest of the Super Weapon Skins.
- King Toad and Storm Wizard Weapons: Showing their prowess in Super Adventure Box, players will earn the materials necessary for King Toad and Storm Wizard weapons.
- Mini Princess Miya: Players can create their own mini Princess Miya by combining in the forge a mini Moto and elements of Princess MiyaÂs outfit.
- Craft Ascended Weapons: New recipes and materials will be hidden around the world, and a new skill cap of 500 will be introduced for the Weaponsmith, Artificer and Huntsman crafting disciplines. Players crafting their way to 500 will become Grandmaster Crafters and can learn the secrets of crafting Ascended weapons.
- Legendary Weapon Updates: Legendary weapons will receive a stat boost, an Offensive Infusion slot to align with new Ascended weapons and additional functionality, among other things.
- Account-Wide Magic Find: Magic Find will be removed as an equipment stat and implemented as an account-wide bonus applied to all of a playerÂs characters.
Â For more details on Guild Wars 2 or Super Adventure Box, visit www.guildwars2.com.Â
ArenaNet is the developer of the ground-breaking Guild Wars 2 and the best-selling Guild Wars online role-playing games. The studioÂs mission is to create innovative online worlds, cultivate a vibrant and engaged global community of players, and to incorporate hand-crafted artistry into every aspect of their games. ArenaNet was formed in 2000 and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Korea-based NCSOFT Corporation.
About Guild Wars 2
Guild WarsÂ® 2 is a visually stunning MMO that offers players the epic grandeur of a massive role playing environment combined with innovative combat mechanics, dynamic events, and customized personal storytelling.Â Building on the success of Guild Wars, NCSOFT and game developer ArenaNetÂ have created an MMO that lets gamers play the way they want, while at the same time retaining the no-subscription-fee business model that made the original Guild Wars so popular. For more information about Guild Wars 2, visit www.guildwars2.com.