Priest Leveling Guide
Let’s face it…leveling it a bit of a joke. No matter what spec you choose or which spells you throw at them, mobs will inevitably fall in piles before your feet. Of course there could be slip ups and a few deaths along the way, but overall leveling is a simple (if not tedious at times) process.
However, don’t just sleep through the monotony of leveling as appealing as that may sound. Instead make leveling a positive experience for both you and for your future group members by taking this time to learn the basics of how to play your Priest. Try out your spells, learn your limitations, and take part in PvP and instances to hone your playing skills.
Feeling overwhelmed with the leveling experience? Check out the tips and tricks in the next section for a push in the right direction.
Tips and Tricks to Priest Leveling
- Always end your adventures by logging off in an inn or major city.
- Using the Fear ability is a great way to manage enemies, however, keep in mind that Feared mobs will pull other surrounding mobs.
- Search the Auction House or get a good friend to donate some large bags for you to equip. 6 slot bags fill up faster than you think
- Buying gear from the Auction House can be tempting, but quest rewards, instance drops, and even PvP gear will be enough to get you to level 85.
- Be sure to save up money for your first mount, 60% increased speed is an incredible difference.
- First Aid should be trained no matter what class you are playing, it could save your life in a pinch.
- Often times quests can be completed alongside other quests. Choose a quest then check your map to see if any other quests can be completed nearby.
- Pull mobs using a slow casting spell just at the edge of the spell’s range, then apply instant spells or cast something with a short cast time.
- Use Power Word: Shield often. Not only will it absorb damage, but it will also prevent the Priest’s spells from being interrupted.
- Always remember to carry plenty of water to restore Mana. Mana is the source that powers your spells and you will find you won’t get very far without it.
- If you “share” Fortitude with another player of a different class, they will likely return the favor and share their classes buff with you.
Priest Leveling Locations
One of the main questions players tend to have is what zone should I level in? Thankfully Blizzard has made this question a little easier to answer, with breadcrumb quests leading players onward to the next zone in line. However, these quests can be missed, or may not be available. So if you find yourself questioning where you need to be check out our guide on Where to Adventure
Important Priest Leveling Milestones
- Level 5 - Choose Professions
- Level 7 - Inner Fire Available
- Level 10 - Select a Talent Tree, PvP Battlegrounds Open
- Level 14 - Able to Resurrect Dead Players
- Level 15 - Dungeon Finder Available
- Level 20 - Train and Purchase First Ground Mount
- Level 24 - Fade Spell Available
- Level 34 - Able to Levitate
- Level 38 - Mind Control Available
- Level 40 - Train Journeyman Riding
- Level 58 - Able to Enter Outlands
- Level 60 - Train Expert Riding, Purchase First Flying Mount
- Level 70 - Train Artisan Riding
- Level 66 - Able to use Shadowfiend
- Level 68 - Train Cold Weather Flying
- Level 80 - Train Master Riding, Journey into Vash’ir or Mount Hyjal, Able to Benefit from Mastery
- Level 85 - Max Level Reached!
Additional Priest Reading
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our World of Warcraft Game Page.