World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor has several changes that where announced that aim to improve the player experience. One of those changes that should make most players very happy is a change to inventory management through the bag and collection systems.
Over time bag space in World of Warcraft has always been an issue. Bags have gotten bigger over time, but that never really solved the issue, since more items are added over time as well. To help out with the situation Blizzard is making several changes to the bag / inventory / collection system when the next expansion launches.
Warlords of Draenor - Collection Changes
The first thing to talk about is how collections will change in Warlords of Draenor. Collections are the system in place that controls and organizes pets and mounts currently in the game.
When Warlords of Draenor launches at least 2 new collections will be added to the game. The two new collections that will be added for sure are Heirlooms and Toys. Blizzard has also stated that Tabards may also become a collection before the expansion launches.
Here is the new collection screen showing several key changes.
Some of the key things that were shown and discussed in regards to the updated collection system are:
- The collection system is account wide for all items, even Heirlooms
- You can mark items as favourites
- There will be new features such as: Summon random favourite mount or Use random favourite toy.
- You can search and filter your collections based on key words
- Tabards may be added as a fifth collection
Warlords of Draenor - Bag Changes
In addition to moving getting Heirlooms and Toys out of your bags and therefore making some additional space, Blizzard is implementing many changes to how bags and inventory are managed. Before listing them, let's take a look at what the inventory screen will look like in Warlords of Draenor.
There are several new features being added to the bag system that will help inventory management.
Some of the key things to note about the inventory system shown above are:
- Each bag can have preferences set. These settings determine what items are dropped or sorted into each bag. Each bag can be set to hold: Equipment, Consumables, Trade Goods, New Items, and Junk.
- Vendor Trash (or Junk) items will have a gold coin shown in the top left corner of the icon to clearly show that they can be safely sold.
- New items added to your inventory will be highlighted white.
- Items will have colored borders based on item quality.
Other changes being made but not directly shown in the screenshot above are:
- Many items will have their maximum stack size increased to 100.
- You will be able to craft with materials from the bank, instead of from your bag space. This is a huge benefit to players as it means less running back and forth to a bank to manage inventory.
- Quest items will NOT be stored in your bag space. Quest items will instead be bound to the quest and found in the quest management system, and can be used from there if needed.
Warlords of Draenor Inventory Changes - Comments
I am really happy with all of the changes being announced about inventory management so far. While being able to get bigger bags has always been nice, it looks like these changes could help players a lot more that any bag space increase ever has. What are your thoughts on these new inventory changes, please share them in our comment section below.