Patch 5.4.2 - Small Patch, Big Changes
World of Warcraft Patch 5.4.2 is set to hit live servers today, December 10 and we couldn't be more excited. While this patch is on the small side, with no major new content updates, it shouldn't be written off quickly. Unlike other small patches, Patch 5.4.2 contains two big changes for players: a cross realm raid finder and cross-realm mail for account bound items. Combine this with some other small changes incoming and this patch becomes kind of a big deal.
Want to know more about Patch 5.4.2 while you wait for it to go live? Read onward to see all the stuff players should know about in this patch:
Cross-Realm Raid Finder
If you have ever lamented the time it takes to find a raid group, Patch 5.4.2 could hold the answer to your problems. In this patch players can queue up for raids cross-realm for Mists of Pandaria Flex Raid and World Bosses. To queue up cross-realm players need to do the following:
- Find ÂOther RaidsÂ in the social raid tab.
- Fill out the fields and click ÂList My NameÂ.
- Check out the ÂBrowseÂ tab to see a list of all players interested in that particular raid.
It is important to note that this is not the Group Finder from Warlords of Draenor that we learned about at BlizzCon. This is a precursor to that idea, but not at all the same and will be totally reworked before we see it again in Patch 6.0. The raid finder we can expect to see in 6.0 will allow players to group for almost everything (raids, 5-mans, etc) and be much easier to find and use in game.
In Patch 5.4.2 players will, for the first time ever, be able to maul Heirlooms and any other account bound items to any character on your account. Server difference no longer matters, if the character is on your account, you can mail account bound items to it. To send an account bound item to a character on another realm, simply open up your mail box and address the mail to ÂPlayername-ServernameÂ.
Not sure what counts as an account bound item? Account bound items will always have a text indicating their status in the item's tool tip. Some examples of account bound items include:
- Reputation Insignias
- Burning Seed
Remember, only account bound items are eligible to be sent across realms. Money and other non-account bound items are still susceptible to the normal rules of mail.
Blizzard In-Game Store
While the Blizzard Store was available during the PTR, it is still not certain if we will actually see it in game when this patch goes live. At last glance on the PTR, the store had added new categories for Mounts and Pets and added a feature that allowed players to view an item in Blizzard's model viewer. Store details were not included in the latest patch notes, so it very well may not make it to live servers today. With that being said, we likely can expect it sometime in the near future.
Bipsi's Bobbing Berg
This item is Mage-only and available from The Anglers faction. Bipsi's Bobbing Berg works just like Anglers Fishing Raft, which means you can attack and fish while mounted. It also temporarily increases speed if the player jumps while mounted.
Patch NotesAs you can see, there is a lot to be excited about in Patch 5.4.2 and this is only the big stuff. Check out all the details of this newest patch below:
World of Warcraft Patch 5.4.2 PTR
- Temporal Shield's healing should now be correctly modified by effects that affect healing (Battle Fatigue, Mortal Strike, Dampening).
- Intervene no longer removes movement-impairing effects on use. The talent Safeguard will continue to remove movement-impairing effects.
- Improved checks on pathing for Intervene and Safeguard to address situations where Warriors may wind up under the terrain.
- Catch and Carry: Druids can no longer attempt to catch Sacks of Grain while in flight form.
- Lost Treasure: Resolved an issue where players may be unable to open Cache of the Legion.
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
- Cross-Realm raid browser now has new categories for Mists of Pandaria World Bosses (Celestials and Ordos) and Flexible raid difficulty for Siege of Orgrimmar.
- The cross-realm raid browser is accessed through the 'Social Pane' (bound to the O key by default) and look for the 'Raid' tab on the bottom right.
- From there you can set the character as looking to join a raid or browse players that are forming up for a raid.
- For more information on this change, please see the thread titled Cross-Realm Raid Browser on the PTR Discussion forum.
- Players are now able to place raid markers in the world even while dead.
- Resolved a situation where Quarantine Measures may sometimes fail to destroy all life within the Quarantine Zone.
- Resolved a situation that may cause demolition NPCs to stop opening the door to one of the towers.
Paragons of the Klaxxi
- Resolved an issue where players may fail to gain Hisek the Swarmkeeper's special ability if they were in the middle of casting a spell while interacting with his corpse.
- Players are now able to mail account-bound items to other characters that reside on a different realm on the same account. To send cross-realm mail: enter the character's name, followed by a hyphen "-", followed by the realm name. Note that cross-realm mail can only send account-bound items, not other items or gold.
- Additional information and testing discussion for this cross-realm mail can be found in this thread on the PTR Discussion forum.
- Crashin' Thrashin' Flyers should now be able to damage each other while in a sanctuary area.
- MiniZeps should now be able to damage each other while in a sanctuary area.
- The Customer Support button has moved. Customer support can now be reached in-game by selecting Help option through the Game Menu (Game Menu is bound to the Escape key by default).
- Resolved an issue that caused players to not receive credit towards the Drop It! and Drop It Now! achievements.