Defiance 7th Legion DLC Launches Today
Its patch day for Defiance. Today marks the official launch of the 3rd DLC installment to Trions dubbed transmedia MMOG with the 7th Legion. The 7th Legion DLC adds the new 7th Legion faction to Defiance, new contracts and stipends for members that complete incursions, new 7th Legion weapons, mods, shield effects, and more.
PC and Xbox 360 players can download the DLC starting today. PlayStation 3 Season Pass holders can also download the DLC, but standalone versions will be made available to PS3 players on February 18th in the US and February 19th in EU. In the meantime, you can read the official patch notes below.
Source: 7th Legion DLC
== DLC EXCLUSIVE FEATURES ==
IMMEDIATE DLC BONUS: 7TH LEGION RECRUIT KIT
- Receive the Badlands Ronin Outfit, a 7th Legion Wanyu pump shotgun, a 7th Legion Inagaki bolt-action sniper rifle, and a 7th Legion shield!
ACCESS TO THE 7TH LEGION FACTION
- 7th Legion provides contracts for taking down Incursions and arkfall bosses.
- It also provides a faction stipend for members who complete Incursions.
NEW 7TH LEGION WEAPONS
- 7th Legion Sumimoto Assault Rifle
- 7th Legion Nezumi - SMG
- 7th Legion Yamato - LMG
- 7th Legion Raijin Combat Shotgun
- 7th Legion Yojimbo Sawed-off Shotgun
- 7th Legion Daicho Semi-auto Sniper Rifle
- 7th Legion Tetsuho Heavy Pistol
- 7th Legion Wanyu Pump Shotgun
- 7th Legion Inagaki Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
- 7th Legion Gashima - Detonator
NEW 7TH LEGION MODS
- New Mods: Fury synergy mods improve 7th Legion weapons!
- New Vendor: A 7th Legion faction vendor sells the 7th Legion weapons and lock boxes
NEW SHIELD EFFECTS
- Focus Reduces recoil and spread after shield break
- Zanzou 10% chance to release a decoy on shield break
- Surge 50% melee damage bonus after shield fully recharges
- One Lucky Kitty, Shogun Master and Incursion Excursion now available!
NEW OUTFITS ON THE FACTION VENDOR
- 7th Legion Samurai
- Tsunami Samurai
- Phantom Samurai
- Shinigami Samurai
- Badlands Ronin
- Tsunami Ronin
- Shinigami Ronin
- 7th Legion Ronin
- Sedge Hat
- Votan Rebreather
- Tactical Rebreather
== ADDITIONAL FEATURES ==
NEW DYNAMIC EVENTS: INCURSIONS
- Incursions provide region-wide dynamic events in which culminate in sieges.
- New Serenity Academy mutant siege!
NEW FACTION LOCK BOXES
- Top-Notch, Soleptor, and VBI Mod Hoards now give 1 random mod for each slot and may roll EPIC mods.
- Top-Notch, Soleptor, and VBI lockboxes provide random weapons with their factions synergies.
== GAME UPDATE ==
- When a player is out of a particular consumable, the HUD icon for it now glows red to signify it.
- Added a cooldown bar for vehicle summoning.
- Removed green items from merchant when purple items appear
- Added a new setting in the Gameplay options menu to filter Mass Breakdown by item rarity.
- Pressing Extract from the map screen while incapacitated now applies the death penalty appropriately
- The map legend now allows input regardless of its length.
- Clans: Member options are once again accessible for gamepads.
- Triage Center emergency can now be completed even if enemies appear nearby.
- Reduced the counts on Echelon Contracts-- some of them were quite unreasonable.
- Added Echelon reputation rewards to competitive multiplayer matches.
CHAT SYSTEM UPDATE
- Chat no longer brings up the huge chat window-- instead, brings focus to the chat window.
- Specify the number of chat tabs and what filters they use on the options screen.
- If you're using a controller, you can switch chat tabs with the left and right bumper.
- On a controller, navigate channels by hitting d-pad left while in chat mode, and then the A button.
- Chat and voice are now separate channels.
- Weapon Mastery: Sniper Rifles, Shotguns (excluding sawed off), and Detonators/Rocket launchers with clip sizes larger than 1 now get a flat increase to clip size from their mastery, as opposed to a percentage based increase.
- Volge Battle Rifle reticule now better indicates the spread of the shots when fired from the hip and when aimed.
- "Volge Battle Rifle Gun" renamed to slightly less redundant "Volge Battle Rifle"
- Charge bonuses now correctly apply to BMGs.
- The vehicle bar no longer shows up all the time.
- Fixed clan rename not working on consoles.
- Fixed the Warmaster exploit on live.
- Fix for client hanging on character creation.
- Fixed crash on cinematics.
- Resolved some matchmaking issues which could prevent competitive multiplayer matches from beginning.
- Gameplay setting are saved properly now.
- Fix for ark batteries not being displayed in chat.
- Fixed issue that would cause the "Volge Examination" pursuit to not update properly.
- Fixed missing weapon mastery bonuses.
- Fixed Clusterdrop projectile to use blue alientech instead of hightech yellow.
- Fix for guild related pursuits not updating for people who are not logged in at the time the pursuit was completed.
- Xbox and PS3 Trophies now rewarded to all players who participate in defeating the Warmaster
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Defiance Game Page.