Trion makes some much needed improvements to Defiance weapons with today’s update, lowering the EGO rating requirement for item rarity bonuses from 1675 to 1000. At that EGO rating, players will now see item rarity bonuses generating on all loot rolls, including Lockboxes and siege rewards.
The itemization changes are part efforts discussed by Defiance Creative Lead Trick Dempsey in last month’s State of the Game update to improve itemization and other parts of the game. Let’s hope that the inventory is up next.
Source: Defiance 1.105 Update
Defiance Patch 1.105 is headed to a PC, PS3, or 360 near you tomorrow. Here’s what’s in the update!
- Faction Rewards
- Lower power rating Thorn Liro faction rewards no longer cost an arm and 4 billion legs.
- The epic weapons available from Von Bach now have the same faction bonus damage and recoil as other faction rewards.
- Loot Improvements: In an effort to consistently improve their value, the following improvements will apply to all future loot rolls. These even apply to lockboxes and siege rewards.
- Rarity Bonuses:
- All randomly generated weapons in the game have a point where they shift from low level rarity bonuses and appearances to higher level ones. This was previously occurring anywhere from EGO rating 1675 up to 2325. The jump now occurs at EGO rating 1000 for all weapons.
- Common: All weapons of at least EGO rating 1000 now gain a Common (white) bonus.
- Uncommon: Except for shotguns, Uncommon bonuses will no longer grant boosts to Melee damage.
- Rare: Previously, the Rare bonus was reserved for Ammo/Melee Nano procs. The Nano ammo bonus is now rolled separately, and melee mods have been removed. All Rare rarity weapons will now provide a weapon stat boost.
- Removed all bonuses that modify self-reviving cool downs.
- Removed all bonuses that increase melee damage by 200% when self-reviving.
- Except for Infectors, all weapons now have a chance to roll an increased damage % bonus for their Legendary roll.
- BMGs now have Legendary bonuses.
- Volge Battle Rifles
- Volge Battle Rifle drops now have random Rarity, Mastery and Synergy bonuses and can be traded.
- Mastery Bonuses:
- Except for Shotguns, all bonuses to melee damage have been removed.
- Removed all bonuses to the cool down of Self Revive, and bonuses granted when Self Reviving.
- Single shot Pistols, Rocket Launchers, Detonators and Sawed-off Shotguns will no longer roll Rate of Fire or Clip Size bonuses.
- Synergy Sets:
- Single shot Pistols/Rocket Launchers/Detonators and Sawed-off Shotguns no longer roll the Veteran, Rolling Thunder or Cannoneer Synergy Set.
- Only Shotguns roll the Brutal Synergy Set.
- All Uncommon+ weapons now gain a boost to their base damage. This scales based on the rarity of the weapon.