When it comes to parties, celebrations, and epic fun time events, few do it better than CCP. This week the Icelandic developer revealed more about what it has planned for its annual EVE Fanfest player gathering in May with an epic celebration of EVE Online, DUST 514, and EVE Valkyrie.
Each year CCP hosts a huge number of events at the gathering that include developer panels, alliance panels, game demos, PvP tournaments, concerts, the notorious pub crawls, and much more. Here’s the first round of festivities slated for the event.
- The first live demo of EVE Online's summer expansion and more information about the long-term vision for game.
- Reveals of what’s next for DUST 514 and a world-first hands-on opportunity with its next major evolution.
- Exclusive hands-on with an entirely new build of the virtual reality dogfighting game EVE: Valkyrie and details about what’s in store for the game recently announced as an Oculus Rift launch title.
- A special dedication ceremony for the “Worlds Within a World” monument to EVE players. This unique event, taking place in picturesque Reykjavik Harbor where the monument will be installed, will feature the monument’s creator, Reykjavik city officials and players from around the world.
- The “Make EVE Real” speaker track returns with visionary scientists outlining how the science fiction portrayed in the EVE Universe might not be that far off from reality. Among the speakers is Dr. Michael Meyer, who will speak about his work as the lead scientist for NASA’s Mars Exploration Program and how the Curiosity rover has changed the way mankind searches for extraterrestrial life.
- Headlining the legendary convention finale, the “Party at the Top of the World,” are musical acts Z-Trip (US) and FM Belfast (Iceland). Z-Trip returns triumphantly from last year’s massive DJ set and FM Belfast is back again after their killer 2010 performance.
- Further updates on CCP’s transmedia projects, such as the company’s collaboration with Dark Horse and its partnership with director Baltasar Kormákur on an EVE television series.
That’s some, but by no means all. More events and festivities will be announced as we near this year’s EVE Fanfest, which takes place from May 1st-3rd at the Harpa Concert Hall and Conference Centre located at Austurbakki 2, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland. You can visit the EVE Fanfest website to learn more.
Source: CCP Press Release